my first meeting

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by bowler man, Nov 14, 2007.

1. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    well i went to my first meeting and i enjoyed it very much, the advice is priceless and i think it will make me a better cat fisherman. i have always loved to catfish from the time i was a kid i was taught to respect all living things including the catfish, when i was a kid in missouri i worked for my uncle who was a commercial fisherman and farmer and his feelings was if you dont take care of nature she won't take care of you when you need her. it was nice to talk about catfishing with people care what happens to them and who don 't say " those things are nasty " and turn there nose up. but i guess as long as they feel like that way i dont have to worry about them catching my fish .lol thanks again to all those i met tonight and i hope to fish with you guys in the future, jeff (bowlerman)

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    We appreciate that Bowler man and I guarantee you we can learn just as much from you as well. I think it is easy to get into a rut or comfortable way of fishing at times. A new perspective or way of going about fishing for catfish can open the door to stepping out of that " comfort zone" and learning a new and better way to get on fish.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Bowlerman we were glad to have you and you are a welcome member of the CCC!! I am sure we will learn a lot from your crappie fishing expertise, and we will be glad to pass along what we know about catching some cats! :big_smile:

4. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Sorry Marty and I did'nt make the meeting Wednesday night.My mother in law came home from the beach wednesday afternoon with a bussel of fresh oysters,flounder and spots ready for the roasting and frying,so I just could'nt pass that meal up.I really enjoyed fishing with all of you sunday and look forward to the next tournament. REMEMBER THAT BIG ONE IS JUST A STRIKE AWAY

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff, and welcome to the Carolina Catfish Club!!! You will pick up a lot of good information in both places!! :wink:

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I am hungry now after reading Jeff's post!

It is a long way to Mooresville. If you guys want you can ride with me and Wyliecat to a meeting. Gas ain't getting any cheaper for sure.

7. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    roger can you an dieter come by an pick me up two i whould like that very much then i could tell all i know its hard to do in five minuets see you soon ron howard

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Wednesday night after the meeting I was behind Ronnie Howards van as we were both heading home. I began to think how far he drives for a one or one and one half hour meeting and wondered if I was in his shoes and those of Rodger, Dieter, Cary, Evans and others would I be so faithful to the club. I would hope so, but you don't know what you would do unless you were placed in that situation. By coming to the meetings, month in and month out, they show to me what freindship and stewardship is all about. So, I salute you guys for what you do for the club and the catfish fisheries. Mac

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    welcome aboard brotha green:smile2:

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thanks Mac. Sorry I couldnt make this last one, Ill be there for the next one.

See you guys at LKN next month.