my first handgun

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by whodaman, Apr 18, 2008.

1. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    well boys today i not only got my scope mounted onto my muzzle loader (gunsmith buddy did it for free just had to trade a set of 30mm rings i had )
    i also had him order me a sig sauer p230 9mm now this is my carry gun here in a couple of months im also going to get a thompson auto 1911 a1 that one is brand new checked it out today and my buddy is going to put that one under the counter for me so its then when i got the money. the hard thing about today was explaing to my girlfriend that its ok i just droped 400 when i was gonna spend 20 geting the scope mounted but ya know you shouldnt go to the grocery store hungry and you shouldnt go the the gun shop with your pay check lol but isnt this the reason i have savings account so when i make big purchases i have something to fall back on. she was quick to add that thats not what the savings account was intended for me going out and buying guns its for when the car brakes down or something along that line i said your right but it can also be used for this situation . stoped by my parents house and she was telling them what i did my dad was on my side and my mom was on my girlfriends

2. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have come so close to buying a new glock 40 cal (i think its the 23 ) so many times but i know the old lady would cut my jewels off since i have a baby due this week and all but anyway cosider yourself lucky all you got was some complaining and by the way im on your side for sure

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Congrats on getting you a pistol, I got my first a few months back. Now Im looking for a second, the first is for hunting only.

4. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    hey talking about glock a couple of weeks ago on guns and ammo they did the torture test they took a glock throw it in a concert mixer and tossed in a few shovel full of 1/2 inch river rock and let it run for i think 15 minutes pulled it out tapped off some of the dirt and what not tied it to a stand and shot it and it shot every round out of that magazine just proves that glock makes a quality firearm

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yes,but WE do not know how many times or how many guns they destroyed before they got a "TAKE" that they liked.Believe me.Such has been done by some very big names in my lifetime.Trust with out thinking and investigating is why we are in trouble in the world today.My generation trusted many reputable businesses and many took advantage in every way they could.Please!Learn from our mistakes!Our TRUST did not leave you a whole lot to save.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ruger gp100 blued 6 in. barrel:crazy: i want one so bad i cant stand it and aint got a savings to dip into:sad2: :big_smile::cool2:

7. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Hey Corey, You will like that Sig. They make a fine handgun. Just wait untill you wrap your hands around that 1911. I have a Kimber 1911 and it is the finest handgun I have ever owned! I pack it with me anytime I head out to the timber scoutting deer, turkey or looking for mushrooms. It's just hard to beat a 1911 .45ACP.

I told my wife one night that I was going to the gun shop. She told me if I came home with a new gun she would leave. I told her that I sure would miss her. I came home that night with a brand new .40 S&W Berreta. She left.

She came home later that night but didn't talk to me for a couple days.

She doesn't mind when I buy fishing stuff since she knows she can use it too.:smile2:

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah bill, i have the 4" blued gp-100 and bought my father in law a stainless 4" gp-100. they are sweeeet!
    cory i used to have a p239 from sig, they are fine reliable weapons! :wink:

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    A good thing about a Glock is the built in safeties.
    The safeties are trigger deactivated, pull the trigger and it's ready to fire.
    With a loaded mag and 1 in the pipe, anybody can pick one up and start firing. :eek:oooh:

:004: