My first gold of the year

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, May 15, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Got out for about an 1 1/2 hr hunt today, found mostly junk as you can see in my hand, but the ring on my little finger was the reward for cleaning the crap off the beach. Oh, it's a 10K band.

That's six mens wedding bands I've found and none fit the right finger. Might be an omen:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good find bob keep it up

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I always look forward to your treasure hunts. :cool2:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That handful of treasures (minus the ring) used to be a typical days find for me.:embarassed:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Share love and it grows; share sorrow and it lessens.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH MAGOO! YA DONE IT AGAIN! LOL! Great way to come outa the gate.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Treasure man went huntin' again :smile2:. Good goin' Bob, I know you LUV it when that gold turns up. Got yourself a new pinkie ring now, that's :cool2:. I hope the rest of this year brings lots of gold your way :big_smile:.

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That was actually the 4th ring so far this year. First was a silver plated toe ring that was in the salt too long, then a freshly dropped mood ring that looked fairly new. It was pink when I found it. thought about sending it to DH, but it'd probably have turned black.

The only other ring worth anything was a silver one, with what I've been told is an eternal knot design on it.

Things really get going after the Memorial day holiday.

That's when I go and tell the girls that their boyfriends said they looked a little pudgy in them bikin's. They get mad and throw the rings:big_smile:

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I gave away all the silver rings I found last year that were nice enough to be given out.

I'll probably do that this year too.

Glad ya'll are enjoying this, I'd sure like to post some pics of good finds every day.

If things happen in 3's, I need to play the lottery tomorrow. The gold ring was#2:roll_eyes:

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Bob. I think I found the Coke can one of those tabs belonged to yesterday.
    We were chasing a water leak yesterday in the plant and I wound up taking one of those recessed paper towel/trashcan combo things out of a wall to find find a sealed crawlspace running the length of the bathrooms.

I found a full box of Thomas and Betts wire nuts dated 9/71 and a Coca Cola can in mint condition. The plant was built in 1971.
    Cans have changed a WHOLE lot since those days!

Reminded me of removing some ceiling tiles and insulation out of the top floor of the original Rex hospital in Raleigh one night doing a relighting job.
    Found a stash of beer cans in mint condition from the 60's.

I love finding those time capsules. I true blast from the past.

10. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice find Bob! I can't wait until Wendell finds something worthwhile with his detector. He was definitely surprised and happy to get it! Thanks a million hon.:smile2:

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    It feels good just to get out even if you don't find much treasure, much better then sitting around watching NASCAR, OK OK STOP THROWING CYBER TOMATOES AT ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:lol:

12. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    It was a small width to the ring and only weighed in at 4.2 grams. About 36.00 in pure gold value.

13. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The ring is a nice find. I always love the shine the gold has when it comes out of the ground.
    Thats not much trash for an hour and a half of hunting. I have to keep a five gallon bucket in my truck just to haul out the trash. Sure wish I had a beach to hunt. Wont be long before it will take a jack hammer to punch a hole in the ground around here.

Good hunting,
    Wooly