My first fox

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by catfishrus, Jun 9, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys i thought i would share a store of my first fox with you. i started out deer hunting at the age of 8-9 years old. my dad always set me out by myself when we would go deer hunting. i got a browning .22 cal rifle for christmas this year and it was the last day of deer season. my dad always told me not to shot any squirrels when i was deer hunting. well this last day of hunting , right at dusk dark i seen what looked to be the biggest squirrel i thought i had ever seen came by my stand. i decided to shoot this big squirrel, so empty my rifle on him. dropped him the first shot of coarse. well here comes my dad thinking i got my first deer. i showed him my big squirrel and then he informed me that i had a grey fox. i thought i was going to get a whipping any ways for shooting a squirrel but i kepted thinking dad has never seen a squirrel this big. i really didnt know what to do with the fox until dad told me i could sell the hide. we use to have a hide buyer come around and buy hides so i took it to him on a sat back then and got 40.00 for the hide. man i was a rich kid in the neighborhood then. i think the man lost money because i dont know how many .22 rifle holes that thing had in it. after 30 years now my dad still picks at me about that big squirrel. thanks for reading

2. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, Well, in your defense....go back & tell dad that greys can climb trees (seriously). Good story though, !

Smitty

3. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for sharing. I can still remember my first everything I think. I love to hear the stories, as it brings back memories of my first.

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I can remember my first everything too. LOL

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I really enjoyed it.I am 60.I can remember a lot of old things,but can;t seem to learn anymore.They tell me it is normal for what is happening,but it sure is frustrating.peewee-williams

6. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yea did good friend!!!! lol why not shoot squirrels!?!?!? good meat!

7. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Great story brother, thanks