My first flathead catfish

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishcraz, Jun 14, 2009.

1. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I caught my first flathead last monday at Lake Barnett and I gotta tell you al, It sure is the best tasting cat I ever tasted. He wieghed just under 4 lbs I got him on a trotline. Wish I would of caught him on rod and real but gotta tell ya, I was glad to actually get up close and actually have my experience have my hands on one and actually understand why people go for flatheads over any other fish. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Delicious!! Going back out next weekend if weather holds up.

Attached Files:

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i go for flats over any other fish not for the taste,cause i cpr all the catts i catch cause my river system is a big toilet, but for the size they get and the fight:wink:

3. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Congrats!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    congrats catfishcraz, Flat head does taste better than the other two , IMHO.

5. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Congrats man, thats the perfect eating size right there! Hopefully many more will come your way now that you got your first!

6. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    Be sure to get the belly of the fish. In fact, you can get all the way up to the edge of the gills on the underside. There have no rib cage. And that, my friend, is the best meat God made on a fish.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    A flathead has a nice steak on the back of it's head too. Fine tastin fish, congrats & catch some more.:wink: