My first flathead catfish, or two.

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by fnddragn, Aug 12, 2009.

1. fnddragn

fnddragn New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Went out this morning to a local river at city park. Took with me my bream outfit, small spinning reel an 4# test line. Had me a tub of red worms and decided to see if I could catch anything in the fishing hole. Took a while to figure out that they were on bottom,caught two tiny bream. Then something took my bait and I figured it was large bream, then from the way it was fighting I figured it must be a channel cat. Surprise, surprise it was a flathead of maybe two pounds. I managed to get three worms on a #6 circle hook and cast it back out. This time it was about a three# flathead. Lost more worms to bream and then the swimmers came and i figured it was about time to leave---one more cast, this time close to shore. Caught a bream that must have been close to a pound. All and all not a bad two hours.

Dave

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Where ya from Dave? Welcome to the BOC.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    THAT SOUNDS GREAT LOL WISH I COULD GET ON THE FLATS WHILE CATCHIN BAIT :big_smile:

4. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Way to go Dave. Welcome to the BOC. Thanks for the story.

5. fnddragn

fnddragn New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I am located in Durham, NC and was on the Eno River in the area known as West Point on the Eno. Was fishing the Sennett Hole and just wanted to relax and drown a few worms, instead I opened up a can of worms. Now to find the big boys.
    Dave

6. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Welcome to the BOC

7. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    sounds like a good trip, and welcome to the BOC

8. chad69dart

chad69dart New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome.

Sounds like a great trip. Now you can go back geared up for the big ones:wink:

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Dave!:0a25:.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dave its good to see you posting. I see you have been around since Aug. 2005. Thanks for sharing your fishing trip with us. Keep the post coming. We enjoy reading them.

11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a good time.. & welcome to the mighty BOC dave. Be sure when you have time and scan over my article.. and browse thru member library for the most helpful tips on everything you need to know. Heres my link below...

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1590533#post1590533:wink: Hope this helps!

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Way to go Dave. Welcome to the BOC.

13. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks for the report and welcome back to the BOC...keep us informed and send some pictures of the big one you are gonna catch! thnaks for sharing.