My First Fishing Trip Of 2006-4/9/06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by TNVOLCAT, Apr 10, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It was a pretty decent trip that started slow. I fished a local farm pond near my house and only had about a hour a daylight to fish. By the time I got my poles rigged and located several channels feeding in a shallow point, I finally got a line in the water with only 45 min. of daylight remaining. Well after 15 min. of no bites I decided to re-rig with a different presentation. Instant success, I wound up catching 4 channel cats in the 3-4 lb. range just before dark(all released). If I had brought a couple more rod & reels with me I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the action. I was using a 7' med. action spinning rod w/ a quantum reel spooled with 10 lb. trilene. For bait I was using a variety of choices from MAGIC BAIT CO. I recently won the MAGIC BAIT contest a couple months ago, so I finally got to try the products out. I would say they came in handy. All in all a good first trip,though short, it was good to see a rod loaded up again! I'll probably try em' again next weekend.