My first deer from my land!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jtr4324, Dec 11, 2006.

1. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    In the past I always go hunting in other areas. With my favorite hunting spots becoming fewer and fewer I decided to go to a 20 ac tract my wife and I bought a few years ago. It is a three year old cutover and fronts a small river. Very thick so unless I'm on the logging road, its tuff to see much. A slow walk down toward the river just before dark seemed work. I caught this deer walking along the river bank. He is not the biggest but I'm especially proud because I got him on land I pay taxes on, and I had my 15 month old boy with me.:smile2: He seems to love what ever dad brings home. A couple pics are him enjoying last years harvest.

Attached Files:

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    John, congratulations. Makes a man proud of owning his own land and having those natural resources available. Just don't let some developer come along and steal it away to make millions on!

I and my family own about seven acres(not much) and I sat along with my wife last night watching several deer feed in the woods at the edge of my field last night!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Congratulations!! theres nothing wrong with the size of that buck.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Way to go brother:004: :004: :004:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on the buck. Watch out though I saw that boy "eyeing" your gun so he may be showing his dad up soon, lol.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    That's great John. Thanks for sharing.
    :smile2:

7. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congratulations!

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Killing a nice buck (with your son) on your own land... Now that's something to be proud of! :big_smile:

9. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    That is a buck to be proud of.....
    Looks like you have the making of a future hunter. Keep him in the woods and you'll never have to worry about him. Congrats!!!!!

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those pictures are so precious! I am very proud of you for being a wonderful dad.I agree raise him in the woods and you won't have to worry about him when he is older.The late John Denver had a song out titled "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" looks to me like ya got one. Beautiful Buck,precious child as sir I believe ya got it made! Thanks for sharing reps to ya!:big_smile:

11. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great Pics. Good Job.

12. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    congrats, theres nothing wrong with that buck, but am i the only one that thinks he looks a little to young for his rack. most bucks that get that big look older, thicker, and there face is beautiful. dont get me wrong, im definately not sayin that bucks small :wink:, if that buck passed me by i woulda took him in a heartbeat

13. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    That's a great accomplishment & I'm sure you'll remember that hunt long after some of the ones on other property.

BTW, that IS one fine buck, I've shot less & had 'em mounted because it's the hunt, not whatcha kill that counts.

Looks like your off to a good start training your son:wink: . If we don't take the time to train them, we are in effect giving up our sport:sad2:

14. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes it is good to see some one taken there kids out fishing or hunting i try to take mine as much as i can nice looking buck thanks for sharing keep up the good work with the kids

15. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats awsome man,you have lots to be proud and thankful for!

16. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice Deer! I started my son hunting with me Real early also, and now he's in college on a academic scholarship. Great pics!

17. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Looks like you had a good hunting experince nice look animals you killed.

18. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Congrats on your hunting skills!

But could you look just a little prouder in the next photos???:lol: j/k

Kenny

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    That's a good deer anywhere but it does make ya feel better when ya get them like that.

st

20. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Nice pics. Congrats on the buck.