My first day at Sportmans Warehouse

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by silverbell, Mar 28, 2006.

1. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well the first day at the Sportsmans Warehouse is over. The stress is unbeliveable! I cant decided what new gear to buy when I am on break. :)

On cool thing is that I wore my BOC hat and had 4 comments on it within 5 hours. We may have some new members soon.

2. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    :p thats cool you looked funny at work LOL

3. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    It pays to advertize ! :p

4. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I got a Cabellas "super store" opening up in my area.....I am half tempted to do a mid-life career change and go work there.

5. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ

Now that would be the best place in the world to work. Make the change. Dump the family, sell the house and live with the parents is what I would do just to be able to work at a Cabels. However I hear the pay is good so Maybe I could keep the family. LOL

6. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    Funny? Then why did you keep on hanging around me today?

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    How about just part time and keep your full time job. We need to keep all the good officers we can.

8. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    Better idea...I'll make my wife work there. I will sit home and drink beer all day and she will home deliver my hunting and fishing toys. Ya....that's the ticket.

9. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    ;) I'd probably make more money, work better hours, and gee whiz...people would smile when they saw me coming.

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I'm sure their are a few that smile when they see you. But I would think there are a few that try and run too.LOL

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Sportsman's Warehouse is my favorite sporting goods store by a LONG SHOT!!!!!! Bass Pro and cabelas don't even come close. SW has better brands, very knowledgeable people working there for sure, and their equipment is much much easier for me to find. I like the layout of the stores, and they sell the stuff that I'm more interested in. I can buy anything from fishing goods (even the hard to find stuff), hunting geaer, and then turn right around and buy trapping supplies all in the same store. Good brands, good prices, good people, that's my kind of store!!!!

12. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    this is not good. i haave one opening near my work. i have to drive right by it every day. i thought it might be a soccer , football, baseball kind of place.if they have the stuff you describe run out and buy stock now . :)

13. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    I got it even worse. A Gander Mountain down the road. A SW up the road. AND SOON, a Cabellas too. There goes all my beer money.

14. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    So Sean,

Any chance for a five finger... er, ah, BOC brother discount? :0a10:

Mike

15. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Bet it's the first job you have ever had where you owe them on payday:eek: :eek: :eek:

16. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Great exposure for the BOC , keep up the good work Brother...

17. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It sounds like you have found a good place to work.I had never heard of them until I read your thread.I looked them up and found the nearest to me would be Rogers, Arkansas or Witchita, Kansas 2-3 hours either way. :crying: It sounds like they are growing pretty fast though.

Good luck, with your job.

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I talked to a guy at the new Bass pro shop that opened in Myrtle Beach last year.I said to him that it had to be the best job in the world to work there.He looked at me with this sad look and said it was the worst thing that ever happened to him.His wife was in rags and had to get clothes at Goodwill,his kids were barefoot and on the school lunch assistance program,they had nothing to eat but one hotdog a week and they took turns taking a bite out of it each nite,he hadn't drawn a dime in his paycheck since he started but he was happy because he had one of everything they sold in the store!!!!:) ;) :rolleyes:

19. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ

Mike,

Send me your fingers and I will see what I can do for you. LOL

20. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I'd say keep an "eye" out for them Sean....:p

Ray