my first catch of 08

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by readingcatfisher, Mar 4, 2008.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    i had a carp 24 1/4 inches sorry no weight or pic i fish for fun not competition

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Jim on the 1st fish of 2008! :big_smile: I'm not sure why you feel posting a pic makes it a competition? I personally enjoy photos of members and their catches!

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I also enjoy the photo`s of other members with their catches,if anyone is interested in competition sign up for the spring fish off,I did there is alot of smack talk going on.Getting back to the subject I encourage all members to post photos of their fish most of us enjoy them.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats to you Jim. Im sure that must have been a great fight!

5. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    i just can't compete with you guys and those big flats i gotta settle for channels and carp in my section of the schuylkill so sorry again guys and thanks

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Whats your point? All I ever catch in the delaware are channels and whites. It ain't a competition. They have a fish-off for that. Just enjoy the sport and let the chips fall where they may.

7. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Jim, Keep your head high its all about the chase not what your going to do after the catch.:big_smile:

8. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey buddy---don't sweat it. Any fish are good fish I say. Plus, it is all about the fun of it not the competition. Please feel free to share your experiences and catches. I just like to hear the stories and see the pics (if you have them...I have trouble getting pics myself since I am usually fishing alone.)

Catching that carp must've been fun! I, myself, am shootin' for my first carp this year. Maybe you can share your tips?

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Congrats glad they starting to bite.... just waiting for temps to start to stabilize at least in the high 50's...... can't wait......Weekends are getting boring stuck in the house.......

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Not all of us catch monsters. Most of my time on or at the water is relaxing, not competetive.:wink:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Don't sweat it Jim! Catching big fish has nothing to do with luck, knowledge, bait, tackle. The number one secret to catching big fish is your time on the water. You put in your time, you will be rewarded.

If you are up in Reading, PA the flats are up there too, not just big numbers like down in. I sugesst in your cat/carp outings, have a rod out with a live bluegill.

12. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Congrats on the catch brother keep it up.

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  14. Fellman

Fellman New Member

State:
    Philly MYK

I far as I know or been told, the skuke has flats north to south east to west. Are you sure your just not hitting the right spot on the right day or night?

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Jim,

Fish Vincent Dam at night in late May with a bluegill ad you should be golden!

Good luck ad let us know how you do.

If not, come to Philly and I can help you.

16. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on your catch. Thanks for sharing. I don't see it as a competition either, just enjoy seeing those pics.

17. bigrob2530

bigrob2530 New Member

State:
    pa
    good way to start the season

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    agreed, we all just like to see pictures of nice fish!

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    You were right I put in a lot of time and I got rewarded 30" flathead I have a lot of free time because I am disabled after a major heart attack in 06 I sustained about 50% damage to my both ventricles and the septal wall that separates them ,sso I have all the time in the world just gotta be careful to rest on myt way to my spots and when I catch the fish gotta watch my excitement level ok fish on guys

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Way too many people think that fishing 1 or 2 days a week will produce big fish. It's more like 4 to 5 nights a week.