Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I also enjoy the photo`s of other members with their catches,if anyone is interested in competition sign up for the spring fish off,I did there is alot of smack talk going on.Getting back to the subject I encourage all members to post photos of their fish most of us enjoy them.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just can't compete with you guys and those big flats i gotta settle for channels and carp in my section of the schuylkill so sorry again guys and thanks

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Whats your point? All I ever catch in the delaware are channels and whites. It ain't a competition. They have a fish-off for that. Just enjoy the sport and let the chips fall where they may.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i just can't compete with you guys and those big flats i gotta settle for channels and carp in my section of the schuylkill so sorry again guys and thanks
Hey buddy---don't sweat it. Any fish are good fish I say. Plus, it is all about the fun of it not the competition. Please feel free to share your experiences and catches. I just like to hear the stories and see the pics (if you have them...I have trouble getting pics myself since I am usually fishing alone.)

Catching that carp must've been fun! I, myself, am shootin' for my first carp this year. Maybe you can share your tips?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Congrats glad they starting to bite.... just waiting for temps to start to stabilize at least in the high 50's...... can't wait......Weekends are getting boring stuck in the house.......

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Not all of us catch monsters. Most of my time on or at the water is relaxing, not competetive.:wink:

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Don't sweat it Jim! Catching big fish has nothing to do with luck, knowledge, bait, tackle. The number one secret to catching big fish is your time on the water. You put in your time, you will be rewarded.

If you are up in Reading, PA the flats are up there too, not just big numbers like down in. I sugesst in your cat/carp outings, have a rod out with a live bluegill.

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Jim,

Fish Vincent Dam at night in late May with a bluegill ad you should be golden!

Good luck ad let us know how you do.

If not, come to Philly and I can help you.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't sweat it Jim! Catching big fish has nothing to do with luck, knowledge, bait, tackle. The number one secret to catching big fish is your time on the water. You put in your time, you will be rewarded.

If you are up in Reading, PA the flats are up there too, not just big numbers like down in. I sugesst in your cat/carp outings, have a rod out with a live bluegill.
You were right I put in a lot of time and I got rewarded 30" flathead I have a lot of free time because I am disabled after a major heart attack in 06 I sustained about 50% damage to my both ventricles and the septal wall that separates them ,sso I have all the time in the world just gotta be careful to rest on myt way to my spots and when I catch the fish gotta watch my excitement level ok fish on guys

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
You were right I put in a lot of time and I got rewarded 30" flathead I have a lot of free time because I am disabled after a major heart attack in 06 I sustained about 50% damage to my both ventricles and the septal wall that separates them ,sso I have all the time in the world just gotta be careful to rest on myt way to my spots and when I catch the fish gotta watch my excitement level ok fish on guys
Way too many people think that fishing 1 or 2 days a week will produce big fish. It's more like 4 to 5 nights a week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.