My First and PB Carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by deadly_legend, Nov 2, 2008.

1. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well i went fishing yesterday, i didnt end up going to newburgh dam, becasue we werent exactly sure where we would fish at there, but, we went to the creek, and we (me and my grandma) were not having any luck at all, well, i saw a bunch of carp swimming around and eating leaves, and my grandma brought some old bread because ive trued to cath them before, and they just broke the line. Well, i put a 7/0 circle hook on some 113 lb. rope and baied it with the bread and tossed it out there. A few minutes later me and a friend who just got there saw it start to go out (it was attached to a pvc pole, so it wouldnt get far) so after we knew he took it, i pulled, and he was hooked, He didnt put up that much of a fight, but he did try to get away. well, i pulled em in, and he weighed 11 lbs. My grandma was shocked that i cought it and they way i caught it, it was a fun day, only thing we caught all day.

pictures are attached

Attached Files:

2. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Deady, that is a great carp! Congratulations!

And, what is also wonderful is that your GrandMa was with you.

3. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Josh,
    Congrats on your carp, Hope you always have a great time fishing . Its great that you are doing it with your grandmother. Good Luck

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Way to go! Nice fish.
    My Grandma(yep, that is what I called her) is the one responsible for getting me hooked on fishing!:big_smile:

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Nice fish. Bet it was a blast to catch.

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice catch there young man, keep it up and take Grandma whenever you can

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    good deal josh!!! i have been fishing for a long time and havent caught a carp that big... congrats..

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice carp.

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    nice carp good color rick

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thats a real nice fish. CONGRATS!

11. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Nice carp Josh. I fish them exclusively while the catfish bite is dead because of spawing. That's about the time the carp bite really picks up. Come spring you should try targeting them with some sweetcorn. They put up an amazing fight, and don't waste any time taking the bait. A lot of people hate carp, but I don't see how you couldn't respect a fish with such strength.

12. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Nice carp man. That's cool that you caught it on a circle hook. I've never had much luck catching carp on rod and reel just bowfishing and spearing. Keep on fishing with your grandma. I'd do anything to get my grandad to go fishing with me. Good luck.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice carp! LOL! Yes, if it was your first carp, it certainly was a PB! :wink:
    BB in SC

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    There ya go Deadly! May not have been that cat you were looking to catch for the fish-off, but a nice fish regardless! Congrats on your PB.

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I love catching carp, them are a tough fish. Pound for pound alot tougher than any cats. JMHO

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    congrats on your first carp put up a great fight I love catching them my wife caught one once she couldn't handle and had to ask help from the kids to get it to shore lol well keep on catchin

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    congrats on your pb, thats a nice one :wink:

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Josh ..I bet you made your grandma proud

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < them are a tough fish. Pound for pound alot tougher than any cats.>

I agree! Those Buffalos I used to pull from the Pee Dee occasionally when I used to fish with night crawlers, would fight like a large bowfin.
    Bill in SC

20. James1987

James1987 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hey man congrats, the way iv always seen it is that if your having fun and catching fish thats all that matters. Fishermen loose sight that the real reason that they started this sport was for fun not money. Its the thrill of the catch that makes it all worth while. Watching that rod bounce or that line slowly going slack is the ultimate adreaneline rush. Take family, friends, anyone you want and show them the true passion of fishing. One person cant change the world, but all it takes is one person to start the chain that will.