My feelings were hurt By Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Newton (Cntryboy) and I were shopping for Christmas gifts at Wal-Mart. Well we went to the Lawaway section to put the gifts on lawaway. Load and behold was a sign at the entrance. It read: As of Nov. 18 There will be no more layaways. All Layaways are due for pick up on Dec. 8, After that Layaways are Declined. Now I do all my shopping at Wal-Mart. But that really hurt me. Now I am worried about next year. I do all my layaways for christmas. It is easier to start early and not have to pay all at once. :too_sad:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I started putting away a few dollars every week for Christmas. Anywhere from 5-20 and it really added up. So Everyone is getting American Express gift cards except for the kids I will go pick out their gifts. I used to do the layaway thing but stopped a few years back. I think cash and gift cards are the easiest but starting early always helped too.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Trish,

My wife is upset about it too. Guess we are going to do the "envelope thing" again next year. Starting Jan 1, we will put $20 from each of our checks into the Envelope marked Christmas. That will add up to almost $1000 for shopping next year.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm not looking forward to Christmas.
    The reason is good but rest is stress.

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WE have belonged to christmas clubs for years don`t hurt so bad to put up a few dollars a pay day as for as walmart Sam is probaly spinning in his grave:crazy:

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my bank had a christmas club but they changed it to like a savings account now so people can withdraw out of it in an emergancy or
    or vacation money and not completely close it out so they can still add
    to it for christmas money
    i put 25 a week in starting last march or april some weeks i couldnt put any in and others i tried to play catch up and ended up with 675 for this year and ive allready got 50 started for next year.
    so im wondering if the walmart policy is nation wide???
    i havent used layaway in a few years but it has been nice to use it when i have in the past.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I heard on the news it was nation wide

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think it is nationawide. It has been mentioned in a few threads by a couple of the guys that work at the Mart.

9. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    this year my companion and I have agreed not to go too wild with christmas presents. We kind of give eachother gifts all year round, so we both agreed Christmas should be more about sentimental gifts, tradition, and time together. Besides, we don't have the space for much more "stuff" :lol:

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    They just recently opened up a Super Wal-Mart by my house, when I pulled on the door one morning about 5:30, the manager came out & said they weren't open yet.

I told him that I had never seen a Super Wal-Mart that wasn't open 24hrs. He said that this store was a "trial store" & that would only be open from 6 to 12 seven days a week & NO layaway either.He went on to say that there would be several other features omitted also but I didn't get into it with him I just left:angry:

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Don't you believe that brother... If you dont, you'll be in the doghouse till next Christmass!! :roll_eyes:

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yes it's nation wide and it really put a kink in our plans this year.Guess We could all go to K-Mart or Target.Has anyone heard the reason why they stop the layaway thing.Sure isn't cause thier short on money:roll_eyes: .Bet ol SAM is rolling over in his grave.If he only knew what his kids are doing. They have really hurt alot of people.Everyone needs to just stop buying from them or at least boycott the stupid place. Oh WELL HAVE a GOOD DAY cause that will never happen.

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    According to my daughter who works for wally world the amount of people using it has declined over the years because of plastic so they might not realize the amount of people it will effect

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Can you clarify? Did you mean everyone as in EVERYONE? Because if you meant EVERYONE, your my new best friend, lol. Na, that's a good idea.

15. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hopefully they will come to their senses and keep the layaway policy open.

16. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Someone that works at Wal-Mart told my Mom that they use large storage units to house all the layaway. She said that the company was spending a fortune a month for storage. I don't get that. Why don't they just expand their buildings a little and not pay for monthly storage. I put some things in layaway at another store recently and I noticed that they charged me a fee for layaway. Not crazy about that either, but if you have to have layaway, I guess a fee isn't too bad.

17. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Their goal is to get more people to get a Wal-Mart card and charge, charge, charge. Not right.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Walmart opens in Marion Illinois. This store is billed as the nations largest walmart, and there is no layway.

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    At one time, it was the place for me to shop.
    I changed bout 4-5 or so years ago
    I advoid W.M as much as I can.
    If I go to W.M. S.C. , I'm in a bad mood when I get home.:tounge_out:

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Walmart wants all their money NOW not later. Maybe the Walmart Corp. is having money troubles or thier just greedy. LOL
    Bill