My favorite time of the year.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by baitchunker, Oct 31, 2007.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    november is my favorite month of the year.

of course most ppl think of thanksgiving, and thats great and all but......
    i dont really care what the settlers stole from the indians a couple a few hundred years ago. its nice to eat all that food though.

what i like about november is veteran's day (11th) and even more importantly the united states marine corps birthday (10th). i wish i could still go to the balls we ued to have in vegas. a group of the guys i served with allways come down and visit for that weekend. we buy the absolute biggest most expensive cuts of beef we can find, as much beer as we can carry, and one bottle of jack daniel's single barrel sippin whiskey. our wives/gf's all know that it is our weekend. we mostly just sit around and tell dirty jokes, and occasionally lie to each other. but as far as holliday's go, it is my favorite.

of course there are other good things about nov. too. like the opening of gun season (deer) down here in alabama. not to mention that blazin' heat is about gone by now. although i think it is close to 85 right now.

plus college football is getting intense. rivalry week is right around the corner. the pro's are getting closer and closer to thier division show downs as well. (go dolphins you can do it.)

this is the time of year that i will get off of work, go home, and rake leaves till dark. then i light a big ol fire in the back by the woods and watch her burn. i think beer has a different flavor in november? seems like it to me anyway.

the only downside to nov. is that the fishin has seriously slowed by thanksgiving. but even that is good because it makes you anticipate spring a lil more.

what are some of yalls favorite months and why?

j.d.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    This is also my favorite time of year as i'm sure it is for most people that enjoy the outdoors. The air temps are dropping to tolerable levels and the fall colors are starting to show. I love to hunt as well as fish and from now through December i will be spending a lot of time in the woods hunting as well as on the lake fishing. We go from fishing mode to catching mode from now through Febuary or March. I can dress for the weather no matter how cold it gets and as long as the lake doesn't freeze over the blues will be feeding. In the summer you can't legally shed enough cloths to be comfortable:eek:oooh: and i won't miss having to do my ahab the arab impression with a wet towel on my head fishing tournaments:smile2:.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm gonna have to say November also. Not just because my B-day either, LOL. Its a time when the leafs are red/orange here and we all love riding around the mountains, looking at the scenery and just doing nothing but spending time together. Day light savings day..love it. Everything is just calmer around here. I guess with it getting dark early the kids tend to get tired earlier and fall asleep on time ( me too).
    I just love the weather when you are chilly in the morning but it warms up some during the day. And yea, beer does taste better as does my coffee. Another thing I like is its Bbq time for me. The weather lets me leave the door open so I can walk in and out with out yelling, "someone get the door plz". And last but not least, Thanksgiving, I love my turkey. I do the cooking around here so its a lot of fun for me to dazzle the family and friends. Oh and that reminds me...its time to break out the turkey fryer ; )

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    baitchunker, that sounds like a good time with good friends.

Yelp. I love fall. It dont get much better. best time of year to be outside and I love being outside. heck I drive the back roads all the time just to check out the sights of fall.
    i can relate to burning leaves.I do it all the time. I like the smell of them when burning. Love to have a fire going on these chillie nights.
    What little TV I watch , I do on my back porch with my wood stove going.
    I havent hunted in a few years due to personnel reasons. thinking bout asking a buddy if he will let me get a couple of deer this year on his land if i share the meat. I sure need some deer meat.
    His Mom owns the land and she looks at the deer as pets. LOL.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    dano youve gone an dun it now.

somehow some way i wanna put an ol potbellied stove on my deck (the deck is covered) and pipe the smoke out above the roof. then all i need is a bigger hammock, a mini fridge (my dogs dont fetch so hot), and a radio.

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey JD. you can come to my ball next weekend. we are having ours on the 8th. just hitch a ride out here, i will get you a ticket. i like this time of year cause it is cooling off. i dont like to be cold, in fact i cant stand to be cold. i would rather be really hot than the slightest bit cold. but i dont mind a little nip in the air. thats when i like to curl up besides a camp fire, sit in my reclining fold up chair and drink beer and wait for the cats to start biting.

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's not just fall that I love, it's October. Not to hot not too cold. And it's HALLOWEEN month. My favorite holiday. I decorate more for halloween than I do any other holiday.
    But now it's over.:sad2:

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    June. July, August....

I am a teacher. That's why.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nov. This is the month my wife and I married . In the Sebastion county courthouse in Ark. and on the 10th . also Dec 19 my Daughters b-day and March 23 ,My sons b-bay these are my fav's but Nov is my all time fav cause it is Deer season ,Quail season ,Goose season ,Trappin season and Coyote callin time .

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Load I think tis cause you like shootin yer guns:wink:

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like hot weather best, but there is something about fall that is invigorating. The colors, the fresh brisk air, idunno. I like fall, but hate winter with a passion. My bones get cold, and I don't thaw out until late March

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree J.D. This is the best time of year...makes me want to be outdoors!!! And i am not running my A/C or my heat.....AMEN!!!! :big_smile:

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    JD, anymore I like 'em as they come. It seems as I have aged and have some things going on in my life that makes the next season unsure I like what comes. Perhaps that is what makes me onery at times. When younger and until a couple years ago I enjoyed spring the best. The farmer blood in me I guess, waiting to hit the soil again. Fall was enjoyable, early fall here in the North. The closer it got to winter the less I liked it because I knew winter was coming and winter and I just don't agree on each others schedules.

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I must be the oddball here cause I love cold weather. It must be because Im hot blooded and have a headache all summer. Cold weather comes and I feel great.