My favorite summer tactic.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by johnpotter777, Aug 14, 2006.

1. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    All to often as catfisherman we tend to become arrogant to anything that goes against tried and true tactics that our granparents, or parents may have handed down to us. And where this is going deals with my favorite tactic for channels and blues in the heat of summer. My grandpa was the best fisherman I have ever known, but I know for a fact he never used a drift sock and circle hooks! If you want to really get yourself a basket full of fish when your looking at triple digit heat, hit the spawning areas with a fish finder and a drift sock. Took the wife and sister in law and in three hours we caught ten nice cats between two and ten pounds, now keep in mind this is on a lake suffering from thermocline, and a moss infection, fish are dying everywhere, and baitfish are hard to find. This is my first year for using this tactic, but when everyone else is giving up untill the lake turns over, it sure is nice to find something that works. Give it a try, and by the way Academy has the cheapest drift socks! Peace.:cool2:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good post, been doing the exact same thing here, but we drift with Slip bobbers so we can keep our baits in or around the Thermocline, works awesome!

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I here ya I like to drift fish as well in the heat

4. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Drift fishing is the most productive type of fishing for me.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Never tried it.. but hear it works wonders... dont have a boat either.. but maybe one day someone can teach me this stratagy...

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I don`t fish in the heat any more heath reasons I can`t wait untill it cools of so i can academy is my favrite sporting goods store:big_smile:

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I like my high heat summertime tatics i kick back under the ac sipping a nice cold glass of ice tea lol.

8. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC