my family is messed up!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by massa_jorge, May 13, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    last night we had a family fish fry/baby shower since we just had the new baby 2 weeks ago. i fried up 20 pounds of catfish, striper, sand bass and crappie, along with salad, corn, coconut shrimp and scampi shrimp. dessert was lemon meringue cake and fruit pie cake. momma didn't want a baby shower, so that part was a surprise. we were opening gifts for momma and the boy and someone in my family slipped in a bambi book! they know i can't stand the antihunting message in there, and slipped it just to mess with me! with the girls it was pokemon, after i told them my kids weren't allowed to have it. i guess my family just likes to get a rise out of me, but i guess it's also all in fun. :eek:oooh: for them anyway!

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    good parenting. When debating with 'Anti-hunters' that is their most common argument, 'but its bambi!'

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well my family aren't anti's, they just do this to rile me. it's like my mom used to tell me :"do you want to light a little firecracker, or a big one?"

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now I know the message in that book, but I don't see why you wouldn't want it in your house.

I bet that story got read to you a million times when you were little, probably saw the movie too, and you turned out OK!:smile2:

I saw the movie lots and even though I don't hunt, (I eat) I definately have no problem with others hunting.

If I was your family......I would have bought the kid the movie!

Just picking on ya, I want a BIG firecracker!:smile2:

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, that book is messed up. Everyone knows they should have shot Bambi or Mama instead of Daddy, they would have been a lot more tender! LOL

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    You need to find the original Bambi, A life in the Woods. It was written by Felix Salten.

It's slightly different than the movie. :wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good joke to me.

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am 39 years old and somehow have never in my life read the book or watched the movie. Seems strange but I was never interested...:big_smile:

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ditto for me Im 42 Ive never seen it or the book

10. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gee, I wish that were the worst problem I'd ever had with my clan. For what it is worth, I'd just let it go with a laugh. It's just a kid's book, it does not matter in the long scheme of life. The best any of us can do is just be a responsible fisherman or hunter. Set an example.