My Dog Layla's In Heaven

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by chattycatty, Aug 14, 2006.

1. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know this may seem stupid to some and I'm not really sure this is where this needs to be, but here goes. My precious puppy, Layla got out of our fenced yard today and was run over by a passing car on the main highway. I'm very upset about it and so is my 12-year-old son. I know it may seem stupid to some to get so attached to an animal, but I am grieving none-the-less, as is my son. I'm not sure if asking for prayer is a reasonable request, but I'm asking anyway. Am I alone in this? Does everyone feel the same way about their pets?

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Mabel, I am SO sorry to hear about Layla. Yes, I feel the same way about my pets, four dogs and one cat. They are like my children. It would kill me if anything happened to one of them. Positive thoughts and prayers from NC for you and your son. My sympathies.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mabel::: It is not stupid. It is very touching and many of us love our pets like family members, I know I do. Sorry for your loss.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about your dog, they are just like family sometimes.

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    NO, Not our Layla!!!
    Mabel, I am so sorry. You are NOT alone. I really loved Layla. We just saw her the other night. I'm just heartbroken for you and W. I know how much you both loved her. JUst like I love Mary Jane. I just told Cody and we are saying a prayer for you all and Layla. If you need ANYTHING

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry for your lose.I know how you must feel,I have lost 4 dogs and 5 cats in the past. Yes it does hurt,they are like one of the kids and spoiled about as bad if not worse. so no it's not stupid to ask fpor prayers. they are all family. GOD Bless you will just have to go through a healing process which sometimes is hard.Prayers being said for you and your son.

7. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    Mabel so sorry for ur lose n no its not stupid i love my dogs like there my own kids ..will keep u n son n my thoughts n prayers..

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Man, I hate to hear that for anybody to lose a pet. we moved from a farm to a 1 acre lot and my dog I had for a very long time just could not understand to stay out of the road.. he paid the price..I know how you fell it kind of rips your heart out.:cry:

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Mabel its not stuped to ask for prayer you and your son are greaveing and in pain we have 2 dogs it would just about kill us if something would happen to one prayers have been sent from Beebe AR:cry:

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    her best friend her baby the one who gave her happiness she ran to greet her every day when she got home from work she used to lay in her lap when she was tired kiss her face when she was upset she kept her company when i was gone fishin she was a good dog and freind but now shes gone i know il miss her already do but not as much as my wife will layla was her dog her freind her puppy i ask that God help Mabel and Wesley get thru this and maybe someday they will find another puppy to give the love or atleast some of the love they had for poor layla

11. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chuck, Mabel, and Wesly, I am a dog lover myself, and I have been through what you are all going through now. I feel for you. I dont know what else to say. It's a very tough thing to have happen. Thoughts and prayers from up north.

12. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Yes I feel the same way about my pets. I even pray for them all the time. It is so great to worship a God who cares when we hurt.

You said Layala went to heaven, I remember hearing an old (and very wise in my eyes) preacher say that he was asked by small child who's pet had died if their pet went to heaven. He said he told them of course but it got him to thinking about it. Well, there are references in the Bible about animals being in heaven, God is our Heavenly Father who wants his children to be happy, He created all the animals to begin with and nothing is impossible for Him. He concluded that if we had a desire for our pets to be with us in heaven they would surely be there.

I know I've got a few in heaven and I bet Spider has a coon treed right now.

ST

Father heal the hurt that Chuck, Mabel, and Wesley feel now and thank you for caring when we hurt.

13. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sorry to here about your puppy . Our pets tend to become part of our families very quikly .Prayers out from Iowa .

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your puppy. They can be just like family, even treat you better than most people do. Prayers for you and your son's comfort.

15. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    Mabel, Sorry for your loss they become so much of the family we don't think of them as a animal. I will keep you in my prayers, and wish you the best.

16. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Mabel...so very sorry to hear this. No..it's not stupid to ask for prayers. When you're hurting, about anything, you should be able to ask for prayers. I sympathize with you...I have loved lots of animals, & lost quite a few. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

17. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    I wish I had a copy of the Rainbow Bridge to post for you. A friend of mine sent it to me when I had to put my first cat to sleep. I was devestated. I felt as if I had killed my own child. I understand how you & your son feel & it si definitely not wrong to ask for prayers. you are grieving over the loss of a furry family member. Your dog will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. When you die, he'll be there waiting to enter Heaven with you. I know my cat was waiting. When my mother died in March, we know he crossed with her.(she spoiled him rotten!)
    Prayers & good thoughts coming your way.
    Lisa

18. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Mabel, can you attach a pic of Layla to this thread? Show everyone how pretty she was. She will be missed. I know Mary Jane will miss her.
    Kelli

19. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    Your not alone with your feelings. We put our Jack/Rat in the pen during the week with our boxer while we're at work and he lives there during the week since school has started back and we all miss him not being in the house with us. On Friday's we bath him and move him back in with us during the weekend but when Monday's roll back around he's back outside again. I've just spent over $100 on cement and poured a slab today and am in the process of getting his own pen so he'll stay clean and wont have to be an outside dog much longer. I'll probably wind up spending $150 or so just so he can come back in the house with us when we get home from work (without needing baths daily).
    So all I'm trying to say is forget about thinking you're alone loving your pets. Whether we all will admit it or not we all have a special place in our hearts for our pets or we wouldnt keep 'em. Sorry for your loss. Most of us have lost a close "family member" pet before and can feel your pain.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    My dog is my child. I sure many agree with me.