My deer video!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Brandon829, Nov 11, 2009.

Would you shoot this buck?

1. yes

2. no

3. at the end of the season

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This is the video I was talking about in my previous post. Finally got it on youtube. Would you take this buck???? I might take him at the end of the season, if I don't see anymore big bucks. What do you think?

[youtubevid]DyO5xWc12IE[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you're wanting it for meat, I'd take a doe.... And see if a bigger buck comes out later on in the season.

3. bigmuddy cruiser

bigmuddy cruiser New Member

State:
    il.
    shoot a doe. let this youngin grow up . 2 more years though watch out!

4. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yeah I really don't wanna take him, actually I really don't wanna take any does early. I wanna keep the bucks around so the does will get to stay, atleast till last couple of days, lol. I'm mainly after the big ones. I don't think I can shoot him being that small. I really want that monster at the end, lol

5. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Sounds as though your mind is made up already. Hope that you get a good buck. Good Luck.

Ray

6. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I agree! 2 years and BAM!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Young and dumb!! I agree. He needs a couple more years.

8. rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    thats a nice one.. I am definatly ready for the '09 buck season.. good luck,,,

9. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Youth hunt yes let a kidd take him. Us growen men can take a hit and let em go. Anyhow in my part of Mo that deer is safe. We have the 4 point or better on one side restriction for reg deer hunting. Lol this morn me and the wife watched a 110 class 8 point get to 50 yards of the bow stand and had 3 bucks chasen 3 does the other 2 were a small 8 point and a big forkhorn. I see all kinds of bucks now. Where in the past I was lucky to see a good spike. The 4 point resrtiction bites for the first 5 years but after that man its wonderful seeing bucks and good bucks @ that.

10. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yes i would :big_smile::big_smile: with a smile

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    id give him a couple years

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Depends on how many mouths you got to feed , how much time to hunt and other variables.... He would walk first weekend ...................

13. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Let him grow, he's just a kid. Shoot a doe if you need meat.

14. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I would let him walk. A buck like that is ignorant not dumb. He is un-learned.
    If he is on public land he ain't gonna make it I am afraid. It looks like he has
    good genes if he does make it he will be nice in time.

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    My hubby had a couple opportunities to get one about like that and he told me i am ruining him. I said why, He said cause he couldn't shoot the baby and let it go to grow. We either take big does for meat or get them horns and have a bonus freezer full of meat. Not babies allowed

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here ,I'd shoot a deer like that in a "new york minet",Why? 5 days to fill a tag @49.00 I'd like to let a lil guy walk,But I see fresh meat on the hoof,Plus no doe taking here so its all good.

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That about nails it. With limited time in field and a freezer to fill, that would have been a 30 second video before the hammer fell. With a lot of hunting time, I'd let him go and look for a doe. With a one buck limit, I'd let him walk. With a three buck limit, I'd introduce him to Gravy. There are a lot of variables. Only you can make the call.

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here in Nebraska, a buck like that would be shot by many hunters, just to get the tag filled. Kinda sad to see a little guy like that be shot. Heck that little guy might have some great genetics to pass around in a couple of years. He's just a youngster, and I would pass him up and so would alot of guys I know. Really want just the meat, then bag a doe. Want a big buck trophy, then gotta let them grow!!

I voted no!! just think you can get the same amount of lbs. of meat off a big adult doe!!

our buck to doe ratio is so out of wack, that we can't keep up just shooting does. need more hunters to do the same!! to many horn hunters and those that wack the little guys!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  19. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Shoot a doe and let him grow up!

20. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It depends I voted no, but Ive taken bigger deer & smaller deer. If thats the biggest deer youve ever taken or seen, shoot him & be proud of your trophy. Then next year wait on 1 bigger. However that being said Never shoot a deeron the last day that you passed on the first day.