my deer season is over

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by massa_jorge, Jan 4, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well went out on the final hunt of the season, for me anyway. me and my buddy travis went down to the red river. right off the bat travis got on some hogs and shot one. i followed his hog for over a mile before it left the riverbed. sucks for him. we had some guys we know catch up to us and we had a little bull session. while we were talking and the guns were put up, 9 whitetails run across 25 feet from us. we got our guns out and up by the time they hit the far bank. the rest of the day was uneventful till the evening. travis shot a doe, then i missed a doe. i get really excited about seeing any kind of game i am hunting. minutes later another doe ran to the riverbed and stopped to look around. when she looked back my bullet smashed through her skull (inadvertantly) and shoulders. she went down in short order. so all in all, good ending to the season. thanks for reasing

Attached Files:

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Congrats. Good way to end a season.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad you got some freezer meat !

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    You guys ain't had a bad year at all.Congrats

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Ya'll got the post deer season blues? I hate it when that happens. :sad2:

Time to get back to catfishin'. :big_smile:

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the does Jordan! They are all fun to shoot, and they taste good too. Success.

Paul...you had to mention it. The blues. :sad2: I was playing poker at a friend's last night. He was talking about some hunting show, and I came to the realization that I ain't gonna be hunting no more this year. I don't even wanna talk about it, lol. As soon as it warms up a little, I'm gonna be hunting sheds, and scouting for next year though.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i hunt hogs after deer season, and fish. i have a lot of plans for next year though, and some of them involve doing work right now.

8. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well I cannot complain I shot 4 deer this year and friends and family have some deer meat. But never did see that wall hanger just 3 does and 1 spike.
    The only reason I shot the spike is because it was stupid and needed out of the gene pool

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats on a great season!!

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats guys on the end of the deer season. I ended up only bagging 1 buck with the bow. At least it's my PB. A 4x4 shown in my profile pic. Hopefully next fall will be more eventfull and I will score on some more venison.