My Daughters first CPR lesson.

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Plowboy411, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I changed my avatar to a picture of two of my daughters and myself with a small flathead we cought at the Altamaha 1-13-08, I took the opportunity to teach them about CPR and what it means.and yeah,,, it was the only fish of the day.

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ptety cool when dad can spend a day with his baby girls huh?
    I am gonna be diong that this summer myself........and tell us you caught it right:roll_eyes:!LOL

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    No,,, I wasn't going to add this part but you did ask. A shad fisherman caught it in a gill net and was going to throw it on the bank.my youngest son asked if he could have it .as it worked out the little flatty got new chance and the kids got a lesson in C.P.R.LOL:big_smile:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    now thats a good stuff!

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Thats pretty cool, I couldnt beleive it when I read the lil brochure the GA DNR hands out about fishing for flatheads on the altamaha. They actually encourage anglers to harvest every flathead they catch or simply toss them on the bank. It almost made me sick reading that. I know i heard about how they destroyed the "world class" red breast fishery in the river.....but I think a Trophy flathead fishery would benefit the economy better in this rural section of SE Georgia. Just look at Santee Cooper and how the excellent catfishing brings businesses and people from far away who come to spend money there. I'm only about 2-3 hrs north of the altamaha......I need to get down there more often......I bought a Georgia Gazeteer....I'm gonna be taking some scouting trips when the water warms a bit.....

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    A good lesson learned, it's a good thing to CPR, even if it's only one fish.
    It's really good to see people taking the kids fishing and teaching them the true sport of fishing.

:wink:

7. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The two in the pic, are 6 and 7,every sense Sunday everyone that comes within hearing distance gets told all about CPR. you catch it take a photo and then you let him go.I think I've started something.I wonder if I'll ever get to eat fish again??? LOL:big_smile:

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    James, that is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good News needs to be spread. Congrats to the girls on CPR.:big_smile:

10. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thank you all for your replies.
    It was a gloomy day and I was in a lot of pain,so I never relay got in to it.but just seeing the kids learning to cast a 33 was a blast in its self.

11. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Way to go!

Our children are the best hope for preserving our precious resources for the future!

I assume you have also taught her how good they taste? Have to keep all things in balance!:big_smile:

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That was the first thing I taught them, eating fish that is.
    the C,P.R. thing has got me in trouble,,,now they all wont new cameras.LOL

13. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    every one needs to use CPR on the fish alot of the people will kill so many then wast them after they show them off to there freinds , great thing to teach the family we need more great men and ladys to teach there kids these great values...

14. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thank you,I feel the same way.let it go today and next time he'll be bigger and more fun.:big_smile:

15. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good stuffgood times with the girls:big_smile:

16. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    baitshop2 you are right the wasteof fish is more of a probablem than the flathead .the don`t onley eat redbrest . they eat all kinds of fish and eals . from what i have red and herd is they wan`t eat a large shellcracker .

17. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    always great to get young ones into the outdoors. thanks for your reply earlier to my post. i live in hinseville and realy love the altamaha but havnt fished it much yet so if u have any pointers you would be willin to share it would be appriciated