My daughters first buck

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by simpleokie, Nov 4, 2009.

1. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    You may remember me asking if anyone had ever used one of those cheap 150 lb crossbows you find on ebay a couple of months ago. Well I got one for my daughter and we practiced until she was on good at 20 yds. Our first four trips we didn't get a shot. But last sunday evening we went to a guys land to see if we could get a hog, but a little buck showed up instead and gave her a perfect quartering away shot, and she smoked him at 20 yards. She was pumped. She made a perfect shot right behind the shoulder and it didnt run 30 yards. Quite an accomplishment for a little girl in a wheel chair.

Attached Files:

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    way to go.....congrats to her

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    That is awesome!! Congradulations Caley. I know you have got to be tickled. And, Im sure Dad and Mom are too. Its a tremendous thing to take a child hunting and fishing and to teach them how to respect nature. Hope Caley has many more years of hunting and fishing ahead of her. Keep up the great work.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Quite an accomplishment for a little girl in a wheel chair.[/QUOTE]

That is a good one....... congrats...

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    DITTO!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tell your daughter congrats on a job well done. Quite a feat for her first season.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats that is awsome thank you for the report

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Ken, congratulations to your daughter on her first deer :cool2:. Thanks for the story and pics, reps to ya for getting the kids envolved in the outdoors.

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats to you and your daughter.

10. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on her first deer.!!!

11. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Way to go girl. You should be so proud of her and i'm sure you are. Congrats

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats to the little lady and you to dad for taking her hunting reps to ya

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like it, like it alot. Congrats in the first order.

14. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    WTG, that is great for her first deer, I hunted a few year before I got my first buck and it was with a gun not an arrow, she did a great job closing the deal. That will be the best meat she has ever ate no matter how it is cooked. Thanks for takeing her hunting, I bet she will want to go everyday now. :big_smile::smile2::big_smile:

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    man that is great. you tell her i'm proud of her. and to see that smile on her face just plum makes my day. you looked pretty happy and proud to my friend. that is a nice looking deer as well. love to hear when the youngin's do good in the field.

16. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    WTG on both you and her!!!! It brought a lump in my throat knowing that her disability did not hold her back. I see so many kids that just give up and want people to feel sorry for them.

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to her and a big thanks to you. A moment neither one of you will ever forget!!