My Daughter got married today and I have to tell you guys about? (A redneck wedding)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Love Them Cats, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    It started out, they were going to get married Sunday at our family reunion.

We went down today to get the marriage license and that was about the only thing that went right?

We got home and my Daughter called her Uncle that was going to marry them later this month, but he couldn't do it this Sunday?

I started calling different churches to find a preacher that could do it Sunday and I couldn't find any?
    We called her Uncle again to see if he could marry them tonight, and he said he could?

We went to Walmart to look at some rings and they only had one that he could wear, but he couldn't afford it, then I had a great idea?
    I told them, right now all we need is something for my daughter to put on his finger, and I said how about a washer or something like that?
    So, we headed to ACE Hardware to see what they had?

We did find a pressure fitting that would have been perfect, but it was just a little small?
    One of the sales clerk ask us if we needed any help, and we ask him if they had the fitting in a bigger size, and he said no?
    Then he ask why we needed a bigger size, and my future son-in-law told him he needed a weeding band because he was getting married tonight and couldn't find anything else on such short notice?
    We just died laughing when he said that and I thought my Daughter was going to die, she was so embarrassed?
    The clerk said don't worry about it, they hear stuff like that all the time?
    Well, we couldn't find anything there that would work and he called his Grandparents and told them that he had found a ring, but didn't have the money for it, and they told him, they would give him the money for the ring at Walmart.

Now, we had his ring taken care of and my daughter was going to use the ring he got her when they met?
    Things were looking better?

We go to Walmart to get the ring, then my Daughter decides she wants a cake?
    Our Walmart doesn't do any cake decorating and I told the kids, we could get one of the cakes and do the rest of the decorating ourselves?

We get the cake and go to the baking area where they have stuff to decorate cakes with? We find this package of letters we could use to put their names on the cake and we checked it pretty good to make sure there was enough letters?
    This was about an hour before the wedding?

We get home and decide to get the cake ready, and notice we were two letters short, so we had to break some of the other letters and try to make some of the letters we needed?

Now, my Daughter's cousin called and told her she could use her wedding dress, which was OK, but they didn't show up in time?

About 6:30, we notice her Uncle is all ready at the park where they are supposed to get married at 7:00, so my future son-in-law heads over there?

My daughter and I finish loading the car, table, ice chest and cameras.

We drive to the park which is only a half block away from the house?
    Her Uncle tells her that her cousin is at our house with the weeding dress, and I told her she could probably walk there faster then we could drive?

She takes off walking and gets about half way there and call's me and tells me she doesn't have her house key, then she hangs up?
    They call about 15 minutes later and tell me they are at the local convenience store getting dressed in their bathroom.

My Daughter finally gets to where the weeding is supposed to take place and they get married?

This might not have been the fanciest weeding, but it's one we'll remember forever?

My son-in-law said he wanted to have a redneck wedding and I think he got what he wanted?

Ken

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    That sounds like a cool wedding. Congrats. Vern

3. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    It was different?

If it could go wrong, it did!

Ken

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    now that sounds like one for country fried videos or americas funniest videos

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    TIS MEANT TO BE MANNN...................CONGRADULATIONS :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:.......!!!!!!!!

6. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I wish I had a video of the whole day!
    It would have won for sure.

Ken

7. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    After these two went through all of this and still went through with it, they were meant to be together.

Ken

8. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats bro. Sound like a humdinger of a day.

9. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    wtg atleast he will always remember what day of the week he got married and will never have to be reminded i hope

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's funny But it worked! He should definitrly have no difficulty remembering is Wedding Anniversary:haha::haha:

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can't hardly wait to hear their decision on having kids...:smile2:
    Walmart, eh?
    :smile2:

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  13. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Great story. Congrats to you and all for pulling it all together. BUT I have to ask.... Who had the shotgun? That's really the only thing missing. LOL

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats to them both!! With a wedding like that, the marrage will be a piece of cake. smokey

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to the Bride and Groom. Interesting and Exciteing wedding. Is this a one time deal or do you have more daughters? :smile2:

16. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Sounds like a great time!! Congrats to all.

17. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I was so busy, I didn't even have time to think about that? :smile2: :big_smile: :smile2:

I'm glad we didn't need it?

Ken

18. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Okay, I'll bite.....where were they going for the Honeymoon?
    Congrats. It was so real I could almost taste the cake.

:big_smile:

19. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Wow. Now I have to say that was a redneck wedding. And they saved a lot of money. Gradulations to the bride and groom. :smile2: So were the vows short and sweet also? :wink:

20. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Too funny. We all want those special days to go off without a hitch, and fall into place just as we planned. However, it's those hitches and other little unexpected quirks that make them truly memorable (I always think of the Bumpass hounds coming in and gobbling up the Parker Family's Christmas turkey in "A Christmas Story").

Anywhoo, GOD LUCK YOU CARZY KIDS!

Jon