My Dad caught some nice ones!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Katmaster Jr., May 4, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My Dad went fishing again while I was in school :)sad2: ) and caught some nice ones! All caught on a slip bobber rig at the Roanoke River dam. This is just the beginning of the Spring Blue Cat run there, and the best thing is, nobody else ever catches them there. Here's a picture, I hope to finally be able to go this Sunday!

Attached Files:

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Nice fish Zakk. Tell dad its not fair to go when you can't go though! LOL

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I tried to tell him...lol And to make it worse my bookbag was in the vehicle he took, so I had a bad day of school....lol

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Two words for you Zakk! "CUT CLASS" LOL! Nice job!

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL, don't tempt me man.:lol:

At least summer's not far away for me, so it won't be a problem too much longer...:big_smile:

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Zakk, when I was in high school, I had an aunt & uncle who would come steal me from school to go fish. It was awesome to be out of class when everyone else was stuck there, but to skip school to fish was really the icing on the cake.

Nice blues he caught, you'd better get in there!!!

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    He he, well I did it once a while back with my Dad, but it wasn't me skipping, I got suspended for one day just for being tardy! I know, what a stupid reason to be suspended!

Anyway, we went this morning, but my Dad didn't finish work in time for us to do it right so we didn't even get there until like 8am because we had to stop at the bait hole, but problem was, there was no bait there!

Anyway, we ended up catching Bream and taking them. The friend we took with us had never caught anything more than a 7lb Blackfish and recently got into fishing, and he loves it! So anyway, he got the first fish, a nice 19lb Blue Cat. And he was so excited, it was really cool. After his fish we all caught a lot of small ones from 3-5 pounds, and I got a 7 pounder. We were not there at the right time of day so we were doing decent.....well around 11am we were getting ready to call it quits when my Dad's bobber dissapeared! He had his clicker on and it started peeling line like crazy. He set the hook and his rod doubled over, after about a 15 minute fight, and walking downstream with the fish, he finally got it up to the top but it's a huge rock cliff there to get down to the water, so you have to use a pier net with a rope on it which is very difficult in the raging current. Well I didn't under the fish quite fast enough, it shook it's head and went on another rampage and then he broke the 50lb leader line!!!:sad2: This was a 40-50 pound fish for sure, there was a crowd of people around that said it was over 50, but I know it wasn't quite that big. I would guess in the upper 40's though. I mean it was HUGE, biggest we have ever seen down there, and the biggest caught there was my 36 pounder two years ago.

After that fish got away, the action completely died, it was just too late in the morning by then for that spot. So we called it quits until next weekend.

Here's a picture of the 19 pounder our friend got.

Attached Files:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice catch.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great story Zakk! Too bad that big un' got away!:angry: Keep on postin' the great reports!:big_smile:

10. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Got about 3 weeks dude!

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks CJ.

Thanks Scott, I hate it when the big one gets away, but at the same time at least we got to see it and he got the full fight out of it. Bad news is I believe it might have swalloed the hook, and if so it's probably still in there.:confused2:

I know man, we have 20 school days left......Yay!:big_smile:

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Caught some nice ones yesterday, I got two 12 pounders, ton of small blues, and had two huge Blue's break my 30lb big game line. My dad caught some around 10-15lbs, and a very nice channel that we didn't weigh because we wanted to go ahead and get it back in the water......here's the channel cat.

Attached Files: