My Custom Made Boat Rod Rack (w/ Tite-Lok Holders)

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 1, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks to word of mout from the folks on the BOC and after talking to Julie from Tite-Lok, I decided to go w/ Tite-Loks over Driftmasters. (Thanks Tite-Lok for sponsoring the BOC).

This past Saturday we got to try them out for the 1st time. They seem like they will be great!

I went with four of the model #5610's, one model #5610R and one model #5610L.

I couldn't fish today, so I decided to start 2008 out by taking a couple pics of the rod rack. The Tite-Lok's can be positioned 12 different ways. My larger 7000 series Abu reels have no problems fitting into these holders. These are a couple of the reasons I went w/ them versus the driftmasters.

Attached Files:

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking rod holder rack. How do you have your rod holders mounted to the rack? What kind of mounts did you use? I'm thinking about going to some new rod holders before this next season starts, and I have been leaning towards the driftmasters. However,I'm open to any and all suggestions.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

I went ahead and used the Tie-Lok mounts, but if you were to mount them to a rack this mine, you dont have to have the actual mounts.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    There nice rod holders. I plan on reworking a part of mine. And will try to post it when I do the review on it. Great Product. But with a little help It can be the best.
    Its the set that I won on the board for Christmas.
    Pete

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I can't really tell by looking at your rod holder rack,but it looks like it is made out of square aluminum tubing,is that right? Did you build this yourself or did you have someone build it for you? Whoever,did a nice job on it by looking at the pictures.

6. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    looks good !!!!...i'm about to build one for mine,just not sure how i want it yet. yet.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

I had a guy make it for me. He did a real good job.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Looking Good Mellon"!
    :wink:

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is a nother rack he made for BOC mbr: Salmonid. as you can tell Salmonid went w/ 1/2 inch Driftmaster Duo Pros. They are really nice and built extremely well, but I thought Tite-loks would serve me better due to the larger reels I use.

Attached Files:

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mellon,

I got a question to ask you:
    I just got a couple of those Tite/Lok Rod Holders for Christmas - what do you think of about them?
    :confused2:

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You won't like them..... so send them to me! :smile2::wink:

12. Julie - Tite Lok

Julie - Tite Lok New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Bryan,

Your set up looks really nice. I am sure you'll get plenty of compliments this summer on the lake.
    Thanks for using Tite Lok!
    Julie

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bryan thanks for sharing the pics of your rod rack set up. Looks good I will consider your idea in the future.

14. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In six more post's I'll be able to see the pics and comment on them :roll_eyes: