My current vitals

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Nov 6, 2006.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well i just returned from my followup from last mon.labwork and heres the dope on me total Chol.178, triglicerides158,ldl chol.53 hdl chol.58 my Dris thrilled but she said i gotta lay off my beer so i guess its a fair trade

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good to hear your healthy Richard, but if i were you id complain to your Dr. about the lack of mens reading material in the waiting rm.:big_smile:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Richard, Your in pretty good shape.. considering normals are:
    CHOL <200
    TRIG <150
    LDL <130
    HDL >40
    CHOL/HDL Ratio <5.0 Your Ratio is 3.1

Good luck in maintaining it.

I've fought high Triglycerides for 30 years.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The only bad part is the dang pills i have to pop i absolutely hate drugs of all kinds and i think there has got to be a better way to maintain it than popping pills every day besides the drs are in cahoots with the rx so they make money both waysim taking atenolol, hctz, baby asprin and Vytorin

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear you about taking drugs but that sure beats dieing.

I take 5 different prescription drugs a day. Without them I probably wouldn't be around long.

A 3 mile brisk walk daily will help control triglycerides. Of course cutting out carbohydrates will also. It use to keep mine down but doesn't work as good as the years have gone by... one reason I take a drug for triglycerides is so I can eat those sweets. :lol: