My christmas present

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Dec 4, 2005.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    For the last few years, things here have been tight to say the least. Last year was a little better,but not what I'd hoped.
    This year however,things are looking up.
    My oldest turned 18. he's never complained about not having his own car,cause he knew how tight things are.
    I am very blessed this year. I fell into a new job that pays good and I really enjoy it which is a bigger plus. A week ago I found a car for my son at aprice that I could afford. it's in great running running shape,it just needs some paint and tires. Thanks a lot to my wife tammy, we have worked out things so that it wil be here on christmas morning for him.
    I am so very thankful for my family, and the brothers and sisters here. You guys have always been such a huge wall of support for me. I wish each and everyone of you that you feel the joy that is in my heart right now.
    i cannot wait till my son opens his last present on christmas. One that truely comes from my heart for him being so understanding at such a young age on the workings and hardships of being a parent.
    I love them so very much.
    God bless you all this wonderful season and please say a prayer for our boys and girls serving overseas.
    Merry christmas my friends!
    (ps, in case you're wondering, his look is "my christmas present")

2. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Keith,

I'm sure "that look" will be a great gift.

Mike

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That look will be truly priceless.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im sure he will appreciate the car even more now after the long wait. I have a step daughter (14) that has no concept of money and thinks it grows on trees. Glad to hear you got a better job that you enjoy what you do. Maybe all the hard work is finally paying the rewards. Merry X-mas brother

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Hey Sparky I wish I could be there for that....I know that boy is going to one happy kid.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    That will surely keep a gleam in both of your eyes and joy in your heart, just anticipating Christmas! Great story and post. Merry Christmas!

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How about sharing that look with us! Take a picture and post it! :)

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    yeah we want to see the look

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It don't get no better than that Keith! I fully understand your gift. Sounds like you did a great job there dad ;)

10. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Merry Christmas Keith.And many more to come.
    Bill

11. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well Congrats on making it work, Bizarro Me!

I hope the first thing he does with it is take you to Bass Pro for your christmas gift from him.

LOL

Merry Chrstmas!!!!!!

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Keith,
    What an awesome present to give your son. I'm sure that from having to wait, from seeing you and Tammy going through hard times, the car will mean all the more to him. I know how much this opportunity means for you and Tammy. I wish you and your family a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year.

God Bless, Brother