my catfishing for the year is over

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by pitbull1078, May 18, 2009.

1. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well I believe Im done for awhile catfishing. Yesterday I took the kids fishing and my son slammed my cat rod in the door. Not once but three times all different spots. Needless to say the rod is done. I was so upset I could have cried. :sad2: He kept saying he was sorry which I know it was accident. I been laid off since november so no money to get anything for awhile. Poor kid thought I was kill him I think. Those puppy dog eyes when he realized what he did.

2. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    sorry to here that bud i have a berkley fusion rod ive used once you can have its black and burnt orange be great for channel cats didnt really ever use it my wife bought me two team catfish 1/2ton rods so let me know if you want it and ill get it to ya bud

3. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Man that sucks brother, seriously if there is anything I can do to help get you back out on the water let me know!!!!Give me a PM!!!!

4. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey Doug, I work for a tackle shop and constantly trying new stuff and getting things from the tackle reps. Do you use spinning or casting rods and what weight or action? I'm sure I have something that would get you back fishing.

5. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    this is just one of the great reasons to love the BOC. you guys rock

6. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree! I didnt come here and post to get freebies thats not my intentions. Im very grateful for the offers.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Never would have thought anyone would post for a free b....... not sure where your at but I know with in the area of me, I am a little north of greenville and I have a couple older ugly sticks 7 foot I think 6-6 maybe any way they are collecting dust in the corner for the most part, and I will sell ya your choice for 100 pennies......... pm me your address......I'll shove one in a rod tube tomorrow.

8. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Doug, You have found a great bunch of people here. Wish I was in better form myself to help you out in some way. Good luck brother and safe casting.:tounge_out:

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    What kind of rods do you use? Cant stop fishing! fishing is good therapy! I live right next to you in Troy. Let me know what kind of poles you use and hell I will be more than happy to let you use a couple of poles.

10. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Im always impressed with the great bunch of people on here,, my hats are off to all of you guys... add my name to the list, you need it give me a shout...:wink:
    It to early in the year to stop fishing...:crazy:
    puddle

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Its good to know that when times are tough we have the good ole brotherhood to help one another out. Whatever your lacking after you get your stuff from these fellas, shoot me a pm and itll be on the way. Take Care, I hope times look up for ya. :big_smile:

12. eogden

eogden New Member

State:
    Carlinville Illinois
    Doug,

I just live up the road from you at Carlinville. Been in the same situation as you. I got more rods than I know what to do with and will gladly loan you one until you are back working. What kind are you using? I've got them from 6' up to 10' casting & spinning. Let me know.

Eric

13. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    BOC people, the very best people in the world.

14. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Don't intend to sound mean but you posted: "Yesterday I took the kids fishing and my son slammed my cat rod in the door. Not once but three times all different spots. Needless to say the rod is done." And a lot of our good folks responded to you favorably. I think you'll get over it and none the worst for wear, we hope, but what abput the kid? I'm pretty sure he is feeling bad about this whole episode and I would like to know what kind of fishing pole he is using?
    And if it would not be an upsetting action to his ol' Dad I would like to check and see if I don't have something to offer for a 'feel good' booster shot for the lad. Let me know.
    "See ya' in the swamp!"
    trapperP

15. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    What a good group to belong to , always willing to help a brother out and Doug I do not think that one brother was thinking you were asking for a freebe we are just good old American men trying to help a fellow brother out in his time of need I wish you the best and my God guide you thue these hard times and watch over you and your familey

16. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Sorry to hear about that. Don't think you mentioned what brand rod it was. If it was an ugly stick I believe they will replace it. I had one once that got slammed in a car door and they didn't question it at all, just gave me a free replacement rod. They stand behind their stuff.

:cool2:

17. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    the rod was a Rhino...the other unbreakable rod ..lol