My catfish boat almost complete!!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by CatFighter, Nov 15, 2009.

1. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV
    Right now I'm not going to paint the inside, so for the most part it's one!

I plan to do a transom rebuild, but other than that it's done!

There are two seat bases on the front: either of which can be used with the one seat. There is a 14" post that stows under the casting deck. The casting deck opens so you have a place to put your feet when using the seat in the bench position.

I used marine carpet from Lowe's and flush-mounted pulls from iboats. I need to install a couple more rod holders, but for the most part it's done!

I believe I added a thread about my casting deck build. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Let me know what you think:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seats are from Cabelas and very comfortable (as in you can sit in the boat for 5-6 hours).

Used Swivl-Eze 3/4" seat hardware, except for the back seat, which is permanently attached on a swivel.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Other things you think I could/should do? Please feel free to let me know!

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    You might want to think about having the front seat over to the right more so you can see past it if you have a motor in the back. I wish I had a boat like that.

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    looks like a nice boat....next pictures I want to see are out on the water pictures....and a couple more rod holders too.....

what size motor you using for that cat chaser?????

4. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice rig dude! looks like a good cat boat to me!

5. CatFighter

CatFighter New Member

State:
    Morgantown, WV

Thanks for the support; it's been a fun project.

All in all, I will have at least 4 rod holders and will probably end up with 2 more.

I have a 15hp Johnson outboard that I use with it. It goes max 20 mph I'm guessing. Unfortunately you have to manually trim the motor, so depending on where someone is sitting in the boat it changes how fast it goes. Here's a youtube of the boat with my dad sitting in the middle seat (going much slower than if he's in the front seat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfKehZvm5ck

I put two seats on the boat b/c the post reads that you're not supposed to sit on it while you're going faster than 5mph. Also, if someone is sitting in the front seat you can't see where you're going!

The boat is rated for 4 people, but as big as I am (250#) and with the casting deck, it's effectively an oversized 2-person boat, which is fine with me!

I hope to get more videos up soon, especially ones where I finally catch a big catfish! :roll_eyes: