My catch @ Indiana Beach

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by zappaf19, Jul 9, 2006.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I caught 3 of these and a bunch of silvers under the rolly coaster @ Indiana Beach amusment park. The coaster goes over the water. I was under the tracks of the coaster fishing the pylons. Could only put up with the noise for a 1/2 hour. Gave me a head ache and the thing is LOUD when it goes 4' over your head. What gets me is the coaster shakes the water and the noise and the fish don't seem to mind. You would think that the vibrations would scare them off. I did not get one catfish.
    Bill

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    oops here what I caught

Attached Files:

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Now thats what I call desperate fishing!
    I had pay lakes as "last resort", but sound like it will be moving up the list now!

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill, you need to get some of those "stereo enhanced" ear muffs for days like that.:big_smile:

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Nice fish. What time is supper? :cool2:

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It's been a long while since I caught a mess of crappies like that. Good job!!!

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Somebody was once telling me that right underneath those roller coasters is a great place to just clean up on the crappies.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Nice catch, I've never caught any crappie on Lake Shafer.

9. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    You think that area under the coaster gets chumed alot by "nauseous riders"???
    Might want to wear a rain jacket,LOL

10. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Shortbus why do you think the fish are there? the popcorn.

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Hey you live about and 1/2 hour from me. You need to go crappie fishing with me in the spring or fall. Me catching them in the summer is rare.
    Bill

12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I've fished out there a lot because my dad lives on the lake but I can't remember catching one single Crappie out of that lake. I've caught some big bluegill around the south entrance bridge. I'd love to fish for some crappie on Shafer. I heard the bridge crossing the north part of the lake held some pretty good number of walleye also. There are alot of submerged tires up that way also like someone tried to make a tire reef.

13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol i i give you points for creativity lol sometimes you gotta go where nobody would ever think of fishin to pull em out. good job on the catches brother!!!

14. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    thats a nice slab there. that was under a roller coaster? whoa!

15. cjharrol

cjharrol New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hi everyone. I can't remember the last time I caught a crappie. Sounds like fun if you have ear muffs.

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Nice black crappie, 10 inches that would just be a keeper at Jordan Lake here in NC. I don't think I would have made thirty minutes under that roller coaster though.

17. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    One of these days I am going to fish where the weather is warmer and the crappie get real big! The pixs I have seen if big crappie just kill me.
    Bill

18. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I go to an abandoned gravel pit when i go bass and crappie fishing and this place produces 2 pound crappies easy..... you can fish all day and slay them from sun up to sun down... and since its private there is no limit on anything... But you do see a few cannon balls fly out of the water from time to time.... .. I will have to go out there sometime next week and take a few pics... alot of real good fishing to be had there

19. Glenn2399

Glenn2399 New Member

State:
    Florida
    2 lb crappie, easy. all day long. I left Indiana in 1965 when I was drafted. Maybe I need to go back.

20. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    great catch man!!!