My carp recipe...havent tried it yet, but theoretically it sounds ok LOL

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by simko, Aug 5, 2006.

1. simko

simko New Member

State:
    Ontario
    Ok, so my boss gave me his fathers recipe for bait, this is what he used back in europe.

So i divided the recipe into 2 parts,a nd did some modifications of my own

first part is the bait that will go on the hook.

ingredients

1 loaf of cornbread
    atleast 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
    maybe 1/2 teaspoon fo concentraded scopex flavour (not needed, but might be nice)
    1 pack of vanilla pudding
    1shot of brandy
    1 tablespoon of honey

so all i did was shread up the bread in a big bowl,

i added the honey and started mashing it all together with my hands
    i had someone pour in a bit of vanilla

all the ingredients were added gradually and it formed a bread dough consistency

im going to get the scopex on monday and add a bit to help with the flavouring

the second part is the bait that will be used for chum

i just take one large ball of the other bait, dilute it with some more liquids, so it would be a bit of scopex, some vanilla and anything to make it more of a softer consistency, then mix it up with a bit of bread to create more bait, then separate into small pieces

if im fishing in a river/stream, ill toss in the small pieces because the idea of the chum is to break down into a cloud of flavour and scent, to attract the fish to eat the ball of bait which is on the hook, then WHAMY!

2. Mountaineer

Mountaineer New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sure sounds like it should work for something. I know those things will hit about anything that puts out a sweet smell and flavor. We use instant grits, strawberry jello powder, and creamed corn sometimes and they like it pretty good. Heck, plain corn on a hook works great too! Can't wait to here your results.