My buddy stood me up today!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 27, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And no it was not Mellon:smile2:

It was fellow boc member HRcats.

He has a new melting pot, no roll mold, and 1000-lbs of lead.

We were supposed to meet at my local red lobster.

He was goona bring me over 400 sinkers he made for me, and I was gonna buy him dinner.

good trade if you ask me:smile2:

So I sat in red lobster for 2 hrs waiting on him, and drank about 8 to many bud lights! had to call my wife to pick me up, I had a hard time getting out of the booth!.

I dont know if I was to drunk to stand up, or just to fat to get out?:smile2:

he better be hear tomorrow!

He said something about not wanting to pour in the rain??? I dont care if it's raing when he pours lead, cant figure out why he does?:smile2:

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You said McDonalds!!!! I was at main street waiting on you....START ANSWERING YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out: And i brought you 4 sinkers...not 400!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    4 sinkers???? Figures....... the last time we went fishing Roger was supposed to bring the water.

he brought some empty water bottles and dunked them in the river and filled them up, handed one to me and said hears your water!:smile2:

4. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    lmao now that funny right there dont care who ya are lol

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And you call him your buddy?:roll_eyes: :wink: rollo

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jack, sounds like your buddies have been bending you over not standing you up :eek:oooh::smile2:.

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    :smile2::smile2:
    i bet that would taste good with all the columbus sewage:smile2::smile2:

8. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    You should have asked me . You could have spent way too much on food and beer for me and I would have brought you at least eight sinkers.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, I am impressed!

There was a knock on my door today, and low and behold it was Roger!!!!!

He delivered me these no rolls!..He must have felt bad for standing me up last night!:smile2:

I love getting sinkers!

Now only 350 more to go buddy!:smile2::wink:

Just kidding ..thanks man!

Attached Files:

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lying will get you what you want!

I forgot to mention I told Roger I only had on hand about 80 sinkers.

With this new batch, I actually probably have close to 300 no rolls between 5-8 ounces.

You all remember when I went on that sinker buying spree awhile back:wink:

But free sinkers are much better than the ones you have to pay a buck each for!:smile2:

After close inspection of the sinkers, Roger did a fine job in molding them, just as good or better than any I have ever bought.

One of them did have the hole slightly off center, but I will overlook that, this time...LOL!:smile2:

Roger, dont let the ammount of sinkers I have deter you in any way of making me more in the future:smile2:

A man can never, ever have enough sinkers!

Especially the big 6 and 8 ounce sinkers I got today!

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A man can never. have enough sinkers! I recently got a BUNCH of lead for free... I have a many already, but am gonna mold close to 200 or more pounds worth soon! Cheaper than buying them. rollo

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My main reason for making these and giving them to you is so that when we go fishing i might accidently forget to bring sinkers and may need a few while we are out. :smile2::tounge_out::smile2: This way i won't feel bad asking you for them!!

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang Jack it's no wonder you have back problems:eek:oooh: Bet your stought as a mule totin all that lead around though.A bunch of us met up at Medfords house about a month ago and poured hundreds of pounds of lead. Everyone went home with plenty. I want so molds and a pot, it was fun.

14. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    If you need a hand give me a call.I need some for rigging the 3 way rig.I should have got some at the geathering.But I didnt.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the warning, I will make sure I only bring enough for myself!:smile2:

16. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Didnt I bring about 100 4oz+ sikers to you last fall? I know you go through them though. I've got some 12 & 15 oz ones if you need some of those.

17. cantonjim

cantonjim New Member

State:
    ohio
    dang h2o i sure could use some if u r ever in canton:wink: i'm new to catfishing and really dont have very much stuff so if u could help me out it would be:0a31: