1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Recreation
Fish Fishing Bass Fish Recreation
Fish Fish Pacific sturgeon Fishing Salmon
Went out today with my buddy Dennis. I fish with him alot and up until last week he was convinced that he couldn't catch fish on my boat. When we go on his boat he catches fish, he just has bad luck on my boat. Today started out good for me. Fish were spread out but I got a couple decent ones. We mostly fished near I&M and Miami Fort power plants to stay away from all the crap in the river. I had caught a 21# and a 19# blue and a couple small flatheads and channels. We stopped to fish one more spot and I had a hit. As I was bringing it in one of my other rods got hammered. I told Dennis to take it. He didn't want to catch it on my rod but i told him not to worry about it, just catch the fish. I landed my fish, about a 13# flathead. About ten minutes later Dennis landed his PB. Im not sure how much it weighed. All I have is a cheap 50# scale and it maxed it out. His big one was caught on cut skipjack. All of the others were on cut and live shad. I couldn't be more happy for him. Good job Dennis. We put in alot of time on the river for a nice fish like that.

·
Registered
700 Posts
nice catch there guys, we didn't catch anything today had a couple of bites at the first spot, but didn't have a whole lot of time to fish after spending the morning looking for a ramp that was open and usable then got out and had carb problems with the boat went home rebuilt the carbs and then back out to fish. we'll get em next time

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think I seen you guys coming in when I was getting shad. Didn't even get a fish. Got ran off the water by the coast guard for some BS reasons after fishing for less than an hour. Nothing like driving three hours one way to take your boat out on its first fishing trip with your old lady and get sent home for the way your decals look. Another reason I painted my boat black. Come find me when it gets dark peckers!!!!!!!!
Not tryin to take over the tread just irritated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I seen you guys coming in when I was getting shad. Didn't even get a fish. Got ran off the water by the coast guard for some BS reasons after fishing for less than an hour. Nothing like driving three hours one way to take your boat out on its first fishing trip with your old lady and get sent home for the way your decals look. Another reason I painted my boat black. Come find me when it gets dark peckers!!!!!!!!
Not tryin to take over the tread just irritated.
That sucks! What was wrong with your decals? Yeah I think we did see you guys. Were you there by Fishmonster when we came by? I would have stopped but we were in a hurry, my buddy was running late for his daughters soccer game.

·
Registered
785 Posts
He said that my letters were too close to my numbers. He also complained about me not having a marine radio and first aid kit on the boat. He also went through my entire boat and made me hand him everything to inspect. He made me take my fire extinguisher out of its holder even though you could tell it was just bought days ago and fully charged in the green. He wanted to shake it to make sure it was full. All four batteries out from their compartments etc. I basically felt like I needed Vaseline when he was done!!!! Next time I see them on the water I'm reeling up and going the other way to hide. My fishing time is too valuable to be wasted and sent home for stuff that isn't even mandatory. I just wish the fiancee would not have held back her 120 pound dog the whole time. It wouldn't have been the first time he bit someone in law enforcement. Yeah that was me by Fishmonster. Alright man I'm all fired up.:pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:
That sucks! What was wrong with your decals? Yeah I think we did see you guys. Were you there by Fishmonster when we came by? I would have stopped but we were in a hurry, my buddy was running late for his daughters soccer game.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Nice fish guys!!!!! I have been doing 1 of my new favorite things, not catching fish. We drifted from tanners down to about a mile or so below kirby rock. We only caught 2 fish. 1-23# and 1-17#'s. Did cover a ton of water though and found several new spots to go hang out on sometime in the future. I did notice that I was marking fish every where. From 12' of water out to 80'. Wish I hadnt sold justin my boat so that I wouldnt have to listen to him bi#$% about it. He has done nothing but bi%$^ since he has had it. Especially since he still has my sonar and trolling motor. Let me tell you why he really prob. got sent home. HE DOESNT KNOW WHEN TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He says whatever is on his mind. (Not real brite sometimes.) Also the numbers are taped on so that he doesnt have to take them off when he officially buys the boat from me. Sorry pee wee herman just needed to be said. I just dont like to listen to people complain about things without telling the whole story! Have a good day. Again nate very nice fish!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
BG ur killin me!!!!:sad::sad::sad: LOL
PEE WEE HERMAN's got a good ring to it don't you think?

Nice fish guys!!!!! I have been doing 1 of my new favorite things, not catching fish. We drifted from tanners down to about a mile or so below kirby rock. We only caught 2 fish. 1-23# and 1-17#'s. Did cover a ton of water though and found several new spots to go hang out on sometime in the future. I did notice that I was marking fish every where. From 12' of water out to 80'. Wish I hadnt sold justin my boat so that I wouldnt have to listen to him bi#$% about it. He has done nothing but bi%$^ since he has had it. Especially since he still has my sonar and trolling motor. Let me tell you why he really prob. got sent home. HE DOESNT KNOW WHEN TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He says whatever is on his mind. (Not real brite sometimes.) Also the numbers are taped on so that he doesnt have to take them off when he officially buys the boat from me. Sorry pee wee herman just needed to be said. I just dont like to listen to people complain about things without telling the whole story! Have a good day. Again nate very nice fish!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
He said that my letters were too close to my numbers. He also complained about me not having a marine radio and first aid kit on the boat. He also went through my entire boat and made me hand him everything to inspect. He made me take my fire extinguisher out of its holder even though you could tell it was just bought days ago and fully charged in the green. He wanted to shake it to make sure it was full. All four batteries out from their compartments etc. I basically felt like I needed Vaseline when he was done!!!! Next time I see them on the water I'm reeling up and going the other way to hide. My fishing time is too valuable to be wasted and sent home for stuff that isn't even mandatory. I just wish the fiancee would not have held back her 120 pound dog the whole time. It wouldn't have been the first time he bit someone in law enforcement. Yeah that was me by Fishmonster. Alright man I'm all fired up.:pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:

I've been fishing the river for years and pass the CG guys on a regular basis and never once have they stopped me. Well maybe once when they caught me on plane coming out of the Licking. This sounds concerning though and if they ever ask me for something above and beyond what is required by law I'll be sure to politely decline. They actually asked you to pull out all your batteries so they could inspect the freakin' terminals? That's insane. The thing that most concerns me is I'm prone to have a cold pop or two in a cooler and the last thing I need is trouble from that.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yep got to make sure you got red plastic terminal covers on ur positives. Well got to head to auto store before I come back down. O yeah I left the pop at home this trip. Probably wouldn't be bringin any along for a while either.

G

·
Meanwhile there are terrorists lurking around, aint they got more important chit to do!?:confused1: Friggun guy can't even go fishing for an afternoon, can't stand that stuff.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.