My Brothers...I had the experience of a life time and wanted to share it with you!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Darrell, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was one of the fortunate soldiers to shake the hand of our commander and chief, President George Bush!!!! He came to Baghdad today. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I would have never imagined that a country boy from a tiny little Illinois town would have ever had the pleasure of meeting the leader of the free world.

I extended my hand and the president grabbed it. He said to me " Son, I am so proud of you." I replied "I am proud of you, Mr. President." My battle buddy had camera problems so I dont have a picture of it but I have several other pictures of the event. Again I will post them tomorrow when I wake up.

I am humbled and one proud american. God bless the USA!

MAJ D

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Cool! I bet that was neat needless to say.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    cool, Darrell. i appreciate what you and Mr. Bush do for us!!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congratulations!! Glad to see he is taking it to those that deserve it. Kind of makes you feel appreciated doesn't it!!

5. Rambo1

Rambo1 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    Congratulations and you stay safe my brother. Tell all of you buddies that all of us at home say THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Congratulations. and thank you for serving!

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    That's quite an honor, Darrell! Were all very proud of you and of all our servicemen/women. Congratulations, and come home safe.

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    you had the honor of your lifetime. i bet you were speechless when he shoke your hand. im proud of you for fighting for our freedom brother. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!:big_smile: you make us all PROUD of what YOU do!!!

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Darrell,
    What a thrill for you. But keep in mind what an honor is was for President Bush to get to shake your hand too!
    I too am so proud of you and each and every one of our troops. I am also very thankful for all you sacrifice for this country.
    Stay safe and God bless you all.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Something to tell the grandkids someday! Tell all your fellow soldiers that me and i'm sure many others here think about you guys everyday!

Safe return and god bless you!

11. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That is great way to feel appreciation from the main man. Thank You and all who serve. I pray all of youcome back safe and well. good luck.

12. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Being prior-service myself, I can only imagine what a day you had. I hope that regardless of who shakes your hand, you have no doubt that we are proud of you everyday. Thank you for your service.

Please PM me if there is anything at all I can send to you and your buddies to make things easier over there.

13. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    That's awesome Darrell! Thanks for sharing your experience with the president with us.

All of us here at the BOC thank you for all of your blood, sweat, and tears! Please come home safe!

14. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations Darrell. I know I'll feel better when you and your comrades can leave Iraq knowing it was a job well done..

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank you all. Don't take any un-nessessary chances. We're proud of you guys, the best fighting men & women in the world.

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

what John said! :0a27:

17. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Thanks for all that ya'll do.

18. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Darrell...congrats bud on your meeting the Commander and Chief! It's to bad your Battle Buddy's camera malfunctioned at a bad time but the memory of that meeting you will proudly carry with you.:big_smile: Stay safe and never let your guard down.

19. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Darrell you and your buddies all be safe and know there are millions of us who appriciate what you do...hang in there and be safe, this will all be over in no time then maybe you can get some time off to come home and ... what else..fish!! Like tatersalad said if you guys ever need anything just drop line... pardon the punn.

20. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree with John the honor was all his and I can't wait for you to get back to ILL. so that I can do the same. Be safe my brother.