My brother Johnny Hudson

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Gator, May 1, 2007.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Here is a link where people can visit and get updates on my brother and sign his guest book to let him know that you are praying for him. It looks like he is going to pull trough this. I would like to thank each and every one of you for the prayers and thoughts and cards you have sent. His wife Darleen has said to thank each of you as ya’ll have showed her that there are caring and loving people all over the country, and have made this much easier for her during this ordeal. Thanks again all.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnnyhudson

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I read the BOOK and tried to sign the book with a message.I timed out on the site as is common with me.The people in the hospital are wearing BLUE RIBBONS in Johnny's honor until he is out of this.I am going to wear a blue ribbon also and I am tyeing one on my truck mirror.I ask any and all to join me in this.Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That sounds great peewee. I will also join in and wear a blue ribbon and will tie one on to the car when Regina gets home.
    Prayers are continued to be sent for all of you!!!

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you for the link, Jim... that's such a neat idea!

Continuing to pray here for Johnny and for you all... take good care and I know God will keep blessin and keepin you.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Jim its good to hear that Johnny is improving, we will continue to pray for his recovery.

6. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Thanks for the update Jim. Thoughts and prayers continue on. Thanks for the guest book link.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Our prayers are with you and Johnny. Good to here things are improving.

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brother Jim Im so happy Johnny is doing better.PRAISE BE TO GOD ABOVE...I love to see prayers answered so fast,,Thank you JESUS!!!!!!Bless ya bro.

9. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Brother Jim,
    Brother Johnny looks pretty good sitting up in that bed, considering all that he has gone through.
    Johnny, his family...you and you family will continue in our prayers!!

Wally & Pam

10. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Jim,
    I have been following Johnny's progress almost daily. He is obviously well respected, cared for and loved. I am thrilled to see his condition improving and hope to see him discharged soon.

I believe it is the hardest parts of life that offer us the opportunity to learn the greatest life lessons. There is obviously much that can be learned by witnessing this challenge that the Hudson family has had to face.

One of the things that Johnny is teaching us is; how important the value of friends and family and a strong faith in God are. When facing a life or death situation, is there really anything else more important? We/I shouldn't wait till we are in a bad situation to admit it and truly appreciate them.

The other lesson here is being taught by his wife Darlene. Her strength and commitment through all this brings real life meaning to "...for better or worse". I can't begin to imagine how hard all this has been on her, and at the same time am so impressed with how well she seems to be able to deal with it. (She is a model of strength and commitment and how I hope I would be like if I was to have to face a similar situation.)

Johnny must be quite a guy as is evident by the outpouring of support from his friends and family. I hope and pray that his health will continue to improve and if able I would love to someday meet him.

Monday I donated blood to our area Blood Center. I am a regular donor and have been for over 20 years. I am NOT saying this for my own glorification but as an incentive for others. Folks, it's a gift of life. There isn't a substitute for it, and there is always a life or death need somewhere for it. We may never know when or who someone will benefit from our donations, but I assure you they, and their loved ones will thank you. (Just ask the Hudson family.)

PLEASE (ya, I am begging) please make a blood donation if able.

Tony
    _

11. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Update on Johnny

Johnny read the website today and saw all of your notes and well wishes. Keep them coming!

He has been awake and alert all day. I've been with him since 9am and it's now 2pm.

He's been up in the chair and is now getting dialysis. Today has been a very good day except the ileus! They had to put the NG tube back down last night. Dr. Bynoe came by and is planning to take him to the OR on Monday to close the belly again. He also consulted the GI service to see Johnny about the ileus.

I feel so blessed and thankful for how far he's come. The work has started for him. He's very weak and physical therapy is a challenge. But he's getting stronger with each new task.

He smiled a few times today at things that were said in his room. I see my Johnny coming back to us! It's amazing!

We've had 20 more sunrises together and I have faith that we're going to have a whole lot more! We are blessed.

Love to you all! Darlene

Let's all keep Johnny in our prayers!!
    Wally

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Glad to hear the great news Gator! God is so Good! i will continue to pray for his full recovery!

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Jim, I am so glad to hear about yur brothers condition. I wish your brother all the luck in the world.

Jaime

14. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    JIm, like I told you on the phone,
    Tammy and my thoughts are with you and your brother.

15. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well there has been some major set backs after 40 days in ICU and 31 surgerys it has come to this. If he makes it to friday then the odds will turn in his favor for once. We have come very close to seeing him die in the last few days. Something is killing the bowels and if this last set of surgerys worked he will live and if not there is nothing anyone can do. We are praying for gods will and hopping for the best.

16. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Jim,
    Prayers continue for all of you but especially for Johnny.
    Whichever way it goes, remember God's will is the one that will be done and it will be done for the best for Johnny.
    Hugs my friend.

17. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Prayers of strength and healing from Missouri.

18. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Still praying, Jim, and trusting that God will carry you all through this.

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the update Jim. Johnny and all family members involved will be in our thoughts and prayers.

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm still keeping all of you and Johnny in my Thoughts and Prayers!!!