My brother is moving from Michigan to Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by sal_jr, Mar 14, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    My dear older brother is moving away....

Down to live with all you wonderful folks in MO.

He is moving to O Fallon in the next month or so and I will be setting him up with all the catfish gear he needs, (he isnt a cat guy YET) so I NEED to get the guy set up with a few good spots that are not so far from the town of O Fallon. I'd also like to send him some sort of package that has target species and maps of a few lakes, local areas of the mississippi river, etc.

Can anyone gimme a hand?

I'd just as soon direct him here, but as it turns out he isnt much of a web-surfer, and though Ive directed him here on many many more occasions than one, he never gets interested as he is always in the office or at home with my two nieces.

Any help would be appreciated.

sal

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My youngest Son's inlaws live at O Fallon.I've not fished that area but I know there are a few on here that do.He will be in a good location right between the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.O Fallon isn't too far from where they merge and I know that is a good area for fishing on the Mississippi right above where they join.I fished between the lock and dam#26 and the Missouri a long time ago and had pretty good luck.
    I believe Ultima_cat_man,Kaskas,and Bearcat fish that area and they could probably tell you alot more about it than I could.

Tell your brother Welcome to Missouri for me.

3. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    The closest river would be the Missouri, about 20 miles away. Bass Pro is right on the way, it's the last turn before you cross the St.Charles bridge on the North side. I've never fished there, but it sure looks good.

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    The Mississippi river is not far away its usually good there

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Can you really blame the guy for wanting to get out of Michigan???

6. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do we welcome your brother, or thank you for the warning??? lol Oh well, this is Missouri. If he can't find a place ta fish here, he must be helpless! Get the boy on the BOC. We'll set him straight! lol

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Dont worry- he and I are political opposites, You guys ought to be fine.

8. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    As far as fishin these kitties it all depends if he will be in a boat or not. There are many different places that have excellent fishing on the rivers really close to him. I can't give you much advice on the lakes because I dont fish them. But he has the mississippi which is a straight shot up HWY 79 to winfield which is maybe 15 minutes away. He has the missouri river which he can access in 2 different areas where he is. Either St Charles or Weldon Springs. If he is banking it for a while I would recomend the St Charles area. 5th street exit off hwy 70. There is an abundance of public parking doen there and I am going to say 5-7 great dikes to fish there. Trust me I use to fish them before the boat. Also there is Bass Pro right there and an excellent bait and tackle shop right down the street. Brickyard Bait And Tackle. She sells all sorta bait. Anything from shad to herring, from leeches to waterdogs. He definately has options. Wish him luck for me and good lookin out for him.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Sal, looks like your brother has gotten the right idea. Now you need to move south.

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Some time in the next few months he will recieve El Conquistador from me- a 14 footer with a 25hp merc on it. Till I bring it to him he will be banking it.

I suspect here soon enough in the next month that his next daughter, baby 2.0 will be born (I dunno her name yet). I guess as a good uncle, I gotta go down and greet the lil larvae either at the hospital or at home, plus it'll gimme and excuse to see my other niece, lil 2 year old Gracie.

The probability is that in that weekend run, I may also want to hook into some BOC guys and get in a night's fishing too... But this all is on the back burner till the finances come in from tax day.

Lemme know if anyone would be wiling to sneak a night in if I go down there too. Either that or a few hours of daytime of bait fishing and a night of blues. Ill split the gas with whoever wants to! I just cant take the lil boat cause it wont be mine n'more, but if you got a setup OR you have a good bank spot, please.... lets get something worked out.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :) Wolfman You Named All Those Places To Fish In Mo. But You Forgot One Not To Far From O'fallon And That Is Bush Wildlife Down Off Of South 94.they Have A Bun Ch Of Lakes.some Are c&r And Some Aren't.pretty Nice Place Really.

12. wiggleworm

wiggleworm New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your brother is nuts to move here to Missouri. I'd like to move to where he's moving from.:0a23:

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    So what has transpired since my last post here....?

Well my bro called last night and said he wont be able to get on the water but maybe once a month for a while. He said he isnt too concerned about large&smallmouth Bass, but He'd like to try for quantity and quality cats, stripers, wipers, and walleye. I know he can show some bros a thing or two bout walleye, cause I fished em with him MANY times. The guy could go pro if he wanted to, I am sure. As for cats, he is green. Has no idea. I mentioned skipjack and jugs and all sorts of goodies that I read about that are foreign to Michigan, but more common down there. We're winning him over to whiskerlips! LOL

ANYHOO...
    He asked last night if I could hook him into a local down there- one of you fellas, to show him the spots to go to, where to get a bit of luck for a fella that at this point cant get out often and knows little of the terrain. He did say he was willing to hire a guide to show him some close-by spots... so if someone is interested, post it here and I will send him a link.

He loved salmon and trout fishing and fly fishing up in marquette- so when I proudly announced that he'd have to get 10/0 to 14/0 hooks for big cats, I think he fainted. LOL

Can somone offer guide service for my bro? How bout a map and a few tips? I know it is a lot to ask to just arbitrarily poke my nose into the missouri section, but this is for family, and I'd do anything for my bro in my power to make sure he feels like he is among family in his new town.

Again- if he were a big internet guy, Id just tell him to become a member... he just isnt really. He just needs the help for now. I think that fishing is going to be a good outlet from the fast paced work he does.

Sal

14. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Hey guys, I am the man of the thread it seems. I did end up here, and live in O Fallon. I am spending another 2 weeks getting my boat up and running. After that, I should be out trying to learn the ropes.

If anyone wants to get out fishing, I have a 14 foot alum with a 25 hp and a elec motor. I will take you. My only request is that 1) we fish the confluence of the Mo and Miss Rivers near St. Charles, 2) You show me how to catch a catfish as I am clueless, 3) we share the gas bill, and 4) we head our early, early early and fish hard till about 3ish (when i have to go home or I get grounded)! I can only get out on Saturdays.

Email be at chrispalombo@hotmail.com. Thanks guys.

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris,

Welcome to the BOC. I'm from Oklahoma and don't know much about the area where you are at. What i do know is that the Missouri members are sure to respond and help you out!!! Take some time to browse the site, and get to know the "lay of the land" on here a little bit. You'll be amazed at the friendships you will make and the information you will learn.

Meanwhile, being that you are related to Sal, you have my sympathies!!!! :haha:

Sal is a great guy, glad to know him. Good Luck, and once again, WELCOME!!!

16. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    Im a northerner from MN too and moved down here recently. I am pursuing big cats too, tell him to contact me and i can show him around. Im learning myself but really miss the walleye, pike, muskie, and salmon fishing up there. Im sure a 50 pound blue will change that though. keep in touch.

17. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    Sal im on post 6, i have a ways to catch up to ya.

18. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    on post 7, fishin tonight, i can hear the drag screamin

19. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    post 8, im on the water in 3hours 41 min.

20. Honzy333

Honzy333 New Member

State:
    MO
    on water in 3 hours and 36 min.