My Bread Bait With a Twist

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by lilmetz, Aug 22, 2005.

1. lilmetz

lilmetz New Member

I was doing a litttle experimenting with bread the other day... the result :cool: WAS AWESOME! The fish hit it so hard my line broke so many times I ran out of hooks! I have since bought heavier line, a lot more hooks and made a lot more bait! The fishing has been great!

THE RECIPIE:
    1 loaf of bread. (i have found wheat bread makes a tougher doughball)

IF YOU CAN FIND IT... Cactus Jack's 1-shot Bait Bullets for use with 1-shot bait lures. (in the bullets is garlic, mica, flour, blood, dehydrated minnows, dehydrated toads, dried fresh worms, blue cheese base, effervesent base.)

TO ORDER THE BULLETS GO TO..... http://cactusjacks.com/products.htm (its the fourth item down) NOT ONCE HAVE I NOT CAUGHT ANYTHING WITH IT!

if you can find it, put a half of one of the bullets in a approximately 2-3 cups of water.

If you can't find it... use steak juice, or any good blood and garlic. BUT USE LESS WATER AN MORE STEAK JUICE AND GARLIC.

mix the water with the dissolved bullet with a loaf of bread that you have pre shredded into pieces untill it becomes a VERY MOIST dough. (i have found it is easiest in a large glass mixing bowl and a wooden spoon, its a big mess if you use your hands)

next keep folding in flour untill it no longer sticks to the spoon. then mix it with your hands untill you can form a proper sized doughball for fishing without getting your hands messy. store it in a closed container in your fridge.

2. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    What the heck ever made you think of putting all of this together?
    Where do you fish at? Lakes, Rivers? Channel Cat eat'em up eh' How about other fish?

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sounds like it will work. Let me know how it works out. All these baits, you guys have too much time in the garage and fishing, what wrong with you....LOL

4. Gob

Gob New Member

State:
    Galloway, Ohio
    Yeah it would have to be the garage for me cause the wife would have my rear if I even thought about any of that in the kitchen. LMAO

5. lilmetz

lilmetz New Member

Well to be honest, if you have ever baked bread you have probably made more of a mess.