My Boys 3rd Big Blue catfish!!!

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Jul 7, 2006.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    IT HAS RAINED FOR THE LAST 7 DAYS HERE IN SOUTH LA, AND ME AND MY BOY NORMALLY GO EVERYDAY AFTER WORK...EVERYDAY I COME HOME ITS, "WE GOIN' FISHIN' TODAY DADDY?"...AND I'LL LOOK OUTSIDE TO SEE WHATS BREWIN IN THE SKY, LOOKIN FORWARD TO SEEIN' A COUPLE RAYS OF SUNSHINE...BUT NO SUCH LUCK. WELL, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO RAIN REALLY BAD YESTERDAY EVENING, AND TO MY SURPRISE, THE SUN WAS SHINING A LIL', SO I GRABBED THE POLES, TACKLE BOXES, COOLER, SNACKS, LANTERN, BAIT, AND THE OFF...AND OFF WE WENT. HE WAS ALL SMILES CAUSE WE'VE BEEN DEPRIVED OF OUR GREATEST PAST-TIME FOR THE LAST WEEK, AND WE FINALLY GET TO GO!! ALL HE WAS TALKIN' ABOUT WAS HE WAS GONNA CATCH THE BIGGEST FISH AND WIN OUR BET (WHICH IS IF HE CATCHES THE BIGGEST FISH, HE GETS 10 BUCKS, AND IF I CATCH THE BIGGEST FISH, HE HAS TO DIG THE HOLE AND BURY THE GUTS...WHICH BY THE WAY I'VE LOST 3 TIMES IN A ROW:embarassed: ) SO WE PULL UP AND PUT ON OUR BOOTS, GRAB THE EQUIPMENT, AND HEAD DOWN TO THE RIVER. ABOUT AN HOUR INTO IT, AND I CATCH THE FIRST FISH...NA-NA..ABOUT A 1 LB'ER...ABOUT 20 MIN. LATER, ANOTHER ONE...NA-NAA-NA-NAA-NAAA... ABOUT 1/4 LB...LOL...THEN THE QUICKSETS GO OFF AND HE GRABS HIS POLE AND I SEE IT BENDING OVER...ITS FUNNY CAUSE HE GETS SO EXCITED...THE FISH IS PULLING DRAG, AND HES REELING, BUT NO LINES COMING IN, HE JUST KEEPS ON REELING...LOL, AND ABOUT 3 MIN. LATER HE PULLS UP A 5 LB'ER!!! HE GOT ME AGAIN:embarassed: ...I HANDED OVER THE TEN BUCKS GAVE HIM A HIGH 5, LOADED UP THE GEAR AND DROVE HOME. IF IT DOESN'T RAIN AGAIN TODAY, OFF WE GO AGAIN...HOLLER AT YA'LL LATER...HAVE A GOOD ONE!
    SHAUN

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice fish brother, tell your son congrats. He will remember these days for the rest of his life. Thanks for sharing, I enjoy family fishing pics.

3. keith

keith New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tell your son he doing alot better than iam this year,lol nice to see fathers thaking thier sons fishing, thats something he will never for get.

4. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Shaun I love the story, keep em commin.

5. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good stroy, and good job.

6. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    it said bluegill. so i thought you caught a one pound bluegill. your headings off. but wow o wow thats a big channel cat to me it looks like one. what bait did you use??? great job little man!

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    woops! :embarassed: didnt read it full enough. thats BLUE not bluegill. my bad guys!:lol: man do i read enough???:crazy:

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

nice fish brother, your son like many son's on this web site are lucky to have a dad like you.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great post and tell your son I need fishing lessons on how to catch a 5 lb fish. Any fish for that matter. Tell him to keep up the winning the money.

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats to you and your son! Nice fish!

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    You've got quite the little fisherman on your hands.

12. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Wonderful catch. I'm glad you had a great time. Fish are kind of hard to come by lately. Your boy really looks like he's having fun. Congrats

13. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures Shaun. Looks like you've got one heck of a fishing partner there. Keep posting them pics!:big_smile:

14. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Great fish little man! Glad to see your daddy is taking you fishing!

15. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats to both of you! Keep him fishing, he'll remember these days forever.

16. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the fish little man. If you keep it up you're daddy might have to take some lessons from ya.

17. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Congrats on a nice fish and it is nice that you are takeing your son fishing

18. jklm

jklm New Member

State:
    la.
    where abouts do you fish if i may ask thanks jklm

19. cwhite6

cwhite6 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What river where you fishing? I live up in Alexandria, LA.