My Boy

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by silsbyj, May 14, 2008.

1. silsbyj

silsbyj New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive been taking my boy (age 4) out morrell hunting with me. This is the first time he has had a real experience with the outdoors, I adopted him about 1 1/2 yrs ago. To see his face light up at the meer mention of wandering around the woods is enough to make this papa proud. God bless all those little oudoorsmen and I hope you all have had this experience or will in the future.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I could tell stories about my outdoor trips with my two sons until my fingers were wore to the bone.They are now grown men in their 30's but they to are outdoors men to this day.
    I have photos that are etched in my memories of all the outdoor fishing & hunting trips we took when they were young and learning the outdoors.

Mike injoy this time with your son to the great outdoors, it will last him and you a life time memories.

3. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I could not agree more with these guys, theres something about seeing that kids eyes light up that just makes agrown man melt inside. My son and I get out as often as we can and at only 10 he has already got it figured out. Makes a guy feel good when you hear them say Dad thank you for taking me fishing, or Dad I am glad that you spend time with me. I could go on for days about this but I think you get what I mean.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats awesome stuff glad I stopped by and read this im sure your lil guy will enjoy hunting and stuff with you I cant hunt no more but I fish, and I take my niece, and nephews with me alot when I go and they enjoy it, I wish you all good luck, and thank you so much for everything that your dong for this country.

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    You're at the best time in your life. Enjoy it!

6. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I have a 4 yr old and i have a blast everytime i take him with me. Yea sometimes i dont get to go to the spots i want to but that is fine with me. We have a blast and i try to make it fun as i can make it. I just taught him how to cast his pole, which he has already broken 2 but its still fun. Glad to see your also having fun.

7. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I'm taking my little 4 year old sister out tomorrow to catch a few, hopefully. The first fish she caught she tackled once we got it in the boat. Lol, that fish wasn't getting away from her.

8. jwilson34

jwilson34 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's awesome! I used to take my two little brothers with me all of the time, and they always had a blast! They still love fishing to this day.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Can't wait to take my 2 boys out fishing for the first time. I'm sure they'll be really excited, because they want to be outside all the time anyhow. Sure beats them sitting in front of the TV all the time. It's always great to get kids involved with the outdoors!! Thanks for the post!:big_smile::big_smile:

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Enjoy every minute to the fullest. Like the song says, "your gonna miss this"