my book collection

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by warcraft1975, Aug 31, 2008.

1. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

haveing been a collecter of books of trapping and fishing i have amassed alot of them over the years. today me and the misses went for a walk downtown today as i walked by a used book store owned by a famliy friend i decided to walk on in and say hi. as soon as i walked in i heard 'hey tom i was about to call you" i have a standing offer on a few books i like to have. so i asked o yeah what for.my old friend tossed me a book from over the mess of book stacks. i new what it was before i even really looked at it. the small thin white 100 page book i new well.i flipped it over and there was the king of the kaw himself stareing back at me.i was all excited to have another one(60years on the kaw is the book}this now makes number nine i have in my collection i took it hom and flipped through it like i have done a million time before before i put it in its case and added it to the others. i geuss even in death tom burns is still the king.at least to me

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    That is cool Tom, I look for that book every time I'm at a sale or a flea maket. I'm hoping ot get lucky one time.

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i am lucky that i live in the same town the book was writen and given out they surface alot around here

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

if i keep finding them i may be willing to sell them in the furture i think i have enough for my collection

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

I have been looking in Lawrence a lot too. I guess it is just a time thing right time right place. But again congrats on geting another copy of a great book.

6. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

that and i am very friendly with the owners of two used book stores..lol

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tom, if your ever willing to part with one of those, Id love to buy one from you.

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i will keep ya posted. i am sure i will come up with another once or twice a year i come up with one.i will try not to be greedy and just will sell one on here time to time so others can check it out

9. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    If you would like to read it the research library on the ku campus has a photocopied version of it that you can read there for free along with alot of other misc. stuff that was written by him.

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    hey Tom, if ya wouldnt mind lettin someone borrow a copy for a bit then i can get my hands on a digital recorder so i can get someone to read it outloud so i can make a book on cd. :smile2:

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

not a bad idea really books are menat for all to enjoy. i dont know how many have ever read it.but it reads kinda like a diary ,theres no big secretes of the kaw in it not like his second one that was never published.but its just a life and times on the kaw. lots of cool old pics of him and other hardly known people.i love how it mentions all these places that i grew up and about weird stuff that happened to him and so on.for a small book its fun to read

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    pictures !! thats what im talkin bout !! :smile2: