My boat set up for sept tourny

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by nevets91, Sep 12, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    tell me what yall think

me and the boy that will be fishing the tourny built this last night. i think it will work pretty good. tell me if you would make any changes to it or not
    i cant wait to try it out at the tourny with you guys as i wont be getting it on the water until the night before to catch some bait. thanks for looking and any comments

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...b/P1010143.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...b/P1010144.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...b/P1010145.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...b/P1010146.jpg

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Looks good.Looks like you are gonna have to have some awful long arms to operate that tiller steer,especially turning.I used to have a 16' jon boat that had a trolling bar across the back with tiller steer.Mine was probably a foot higher than yours and in far enough forward to tilt the motor up for trailoring.I wouldn't trailor a motor down like that or you may be minus a foot one day.Just an opinion of course:wink:

3. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks, there is plenty of room to tilt the motor up for trailoring i made sure of that. and yeah it is a stretch to run the tiller but im going to come up with some kind of extension for the tiller to get it out enough. im just trying to come up with something i would trust enough to run wide open with.

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice set up, but i'd be fishn out of the toon. :big_smile: If you try fishn that many rods drifting out the back of that boat, you will have a mess on your hands. Its ok if the wind is blowing strong, or maybe a good trolling motor. Good luck no matter how you fish.

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
  6. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks guys
    the toon is actually my dads boat. its really comfortable to fish out of but its so much cheaper to take my boat out so thats why i am gettin mine rigged up.

7. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
  8. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    its a 1648 G3. i dont think triton makes the flat nose like G3 do they? i know you cant see the nose in the pic i was just wondering for myself

9. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think it looks good and should serve you well. But you might want to only troll with 4 rods off the back and put 2 off the side of the boat about half way up the side of the boat to keep tangles to a minimum.

10. screamnclickersc

State:
    S.C.
    I can see the decal on the side now.I run a 17.5' jon w/ tiller & we use 4 rods out the back & 2 out the sides.-you really can't fine-tune the holder angles untill you get on the water.Looks good!

11. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    yeah ive thought about it being to crowded back there so im going to try it out like it is i may change it to four rod holders back there but i think six will work fine and im adding two more rod holders(one on each side) towards the front of the boat. and then a t bar straight out up front with six holders on it also. so i will be able to put a rod in any position 360 lol

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Steven, I have a boat similar to yours and strongly suggest that you just have 4 rods on the back and 2 off of the sides. Otherwise you will, at some point, get your lines crossed. :crazy:

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    quote by Pat:
    Steven, I have a boat similar to yours and strongly suggest that you just have 4 rods on the back and 2 off of the sides. Otherwise you will, at some point, get your lines crossed

I agree. Unless the wind is strong, you going to have a mess unless you are fishing straight down. If thats the case it may not be so bad :big_smile:
    I can only fish 4-5 rods drifting side ways on my pontoon and at times they cross up (probably from smaller fish being on or picking up the bait and swimming over the other lines, who knows) fact is, sometimes i have a mess fishn 3 rods in low wind conditions from my other boat. The thing that helps is letting each rod out long, short, shorter etc........ Hope i meet you at the tournament (at least i will know what boat you are :smile2:

14. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice set-up-kinda looks like Holmes old boat???? Would it be the same one?:crazy:

15. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i have been drifting four out the back and then two out the sides actually i started doin that after i did have a few lines cross when i tried it out. im still going to have six holders on the back for when i anchor out i can have six back there with out worrying about them crossing. but thanks for lookin out for me any ways haha

and big bird i bought the boat new so its not his i havent seen very many of my exact model G3 actually

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The six rods off the back should be fine if you stagger the lines. I run EIGHT off my bar, and have only had a couple of bad nutrolls with the lines, and that was at night when I couldn't see how much stagger I had in them. I was thinkin' that it was Holmes' old boat too.

Bill in SC

BB in SC

17. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice boat and rigs. Don't listen to us older guys. You know how we are, think we know everything and in secret we'll all be trying to fish the way you are:smile2:

18. screamnclickersc

State:
    S.C.
    It was good to meet you guys, and the G3 looked awesome-come on back to Wateree on December 12!

19. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks man it was great meetin yall to and i like the set up on the Xpress enough that i might be makin a few changes on mine if ya dont mind:smile2: and i would love to get to fish another tourny before the year end but that all depends on what money looks like when the tourny roles around. If i dont see ya december i should def be out for the january tourny