My boat Pics Finally

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by handyronokc, Mar 28, 2008.

1. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )
    A work in progress, and or process

Attached Files:

2. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )
    A work in progress, and or process

Attached Files:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice looking boat you have there thank you for sharing the pictures with us

4. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    That's a HECK of a big Toon you got there! Should be plenty of room to catch some Kittys from!!:big_smile: I like the center console!! Is that a baitwell in the front of it?

Keep the pics comming!!
    Andy ( Drew)

5. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )
    Thanks, the large box area in front of the "helm" is for a (table top) and fuel, inside there are (2) 6 gal. portable tanks and (2) 5 gal. gas cans, i.e. total of 22 gals. of fuel. the original design put the fuel tanks to the rear of the boat which contributed to the already heavy "aft" end (having a MerCruiser 140 engine / Drive), so I am redistributing any possible weight more forward to level the boat.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ron thanks for sharing the pics of your boat. Looks good and you will have plenty of room to land the big ones.

7. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Ron I'll hug your neck if you'll post the instruction on how to post the thumb nail pictures like you're doing it. That is the best method I've ever seen on this board. The pictures are good, easy to expand and easy to close for the next picture. Please tell us all how.

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Boy she's a big girl! Nice lookin toon Ron, congrats.

9. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )

I didn't do anything special, that is just the way it worked for me,,,, I've seen other pics post this way too.

10. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    man that is a big rig what do you use to pull that thing with i bet it took a chunk out of the billfold

11. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )

Chevy K1500 w/ 5.3L eng. ,,, they are not as hard to pull as you might think,,,,, they are not as heavy as a travel trailer of the same size,,, and they don't catch much wind. Also I don't even try to go faster than 60 MPH,,, Pulling the boat or my Travel Trailer which is also 8' X 24'

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nice looking rig! I like the console and that steering wheel is COOL!

13. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Ron you don't want to put it to level in the water because it will make the front of those toons plow through the water and anyone up front will take a bath. I moved some of mine like you did but I went under the toon and under skined it so the cross rafters doesn't catch all the water splashing up on it. I under skinned it with some sheets of plastic stuff I found at lowe's that you use in bathrooms.

14. handyronokc

handyronokc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma ( Central )

Yes'sir Bubbakat I do want to keep that in mind,, however on one of my "test" runs I had 8 adults and 2 grandsons camping chairs and 2 ice chests ( oh and my little doggie ) ,,,, Myself being 225 lbs. laying on the front of the deck ,while underway, approx 2/3 power applied, the leading edge of the toon was running average 2 in. it the water, very little splash under the deck.

I've been looking at the FRP at lowes for the same reason, I just didn't want to trap moisture between the "lower skin" and the plywood deck. If in the future I redeck with Plastic Wood plank on top and FRP below ,,,,, that might work.