My boat dog

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice dog Bill but since we showing fishing buddies here are mine the 2 large ones are females and the puppy is a new addition to the family he is a black boxer that my wife got me for my birthday. the only problem I have with taking my big ones fishing is the brown one thinks she is suppose to eat the bait. If you drop a fish in the boat you almost have to fight her over it. the brown one is named buffy, white one is piglet , and the black one is achilles.

Attached Files:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE dogs, Ronald! We've sold HUNDREDS of bulldogs through the years. Pits, Boxers, American bulldogs, English Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs, and crosses between them all. Hard to beat a good bulldog! My boat dog saw her first fish the other night, and did not pay too much attention to them! (bait or cat) :big_smile:
    Bill in SC

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    She's a good looking companion there Bill.

Was that black patch behind her a cat?

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I think that it's great that you have a little fish'n buddy, Bill :big_smile: Dogs can make the greatest friends. My dog, Buddy, has gone cattin' with me a few times, and with me & Pop Pop a couple of times as well. Buddy doesn't seem too interested in fish nor bait, but he seems to like riding right up on the edge of the bow when I have the boat opened up -guess he likes the wind in his face :smile2: Now if I could just teach him to operated the trollin motor!!!!

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ive got four parrots that all enjoy the ride but due to their less than proper vocabulary, they would offend most casual catfishermen and almost all lady folk.........course me and the boys round here think they are a hoot and sit around here for hours listening to them call and cuss the dog out or torment the UPS delivery man..........Got one named Roscoe though that I have to keep an eye on, every time somebody knocks on the door he tells them to come on in and they usually do......even when nobodys home.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <. Buddy doesn't seem too interested in fish nor bait, but he seems to like riding right up on the edge of the bow when I have the boat opened up -guess he likes the wind in his face :smile2:>

Yes, they do seem to like to ride like that. It's dangerous though. I had a boxer/pit that used to ride on the bow like that. I was running pretty fast one day, and slowed down quickly, and she went right over the front. I killed the throttle and the engine was in neutral when the skeg hit her in the back as the boat ran over her. She survived with not much damage other than a cut on her back, but boy, I felt real bad about it.
    Bill in SC