My Bluegill Catcher! works great..

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by BigCat4, Aug 19, 2006.

1. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    My grampa ties all my flies and i told him to make me one that will catch Bluegill...lots of Bluegill...so he asked me what i wanted i told him i want 3 feathers tied to a hook and thats all,the colors were red,yellow,and satruse...i tell you what the Bluegills and Crappie tore it up so to all you Fly tyers out there tie one of these they work great!

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    What size hook and floating or sinking ?

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Congrats, now go catch some flatties! :smile2:

4. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    I have found that sinking works better but floating works when the sun is getting ready to come down and the fish are hitting the top but i like the sinking when i go to siolem springs bcuz there are bluegill beds everywhere

5. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    oh and the hook size i dont what size i hve but my dads is a bit bigger and he has a hard time hooking them but mine i think is either a 10 11 or 12 not sure ill check and tell u guys..

6. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    oh and the hook size i dont what size i hve but my dads is a bit bigger and he has a hard time hooking them but mine i think is either a 10 11 or 12 not sure ill check and tell u guys..

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Close enough bigcat. Thanks. I'll tie some up tonight so i'll have them next time I go

8. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    the hook is about that size of a penny i hope this helps you out

9. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    would like to see a picture if possible. sounds like a good one. love them gills on the bed.

10. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    id like to get pics but camera kinda fell the water the other night and i dont how it happened!!:confused2: :confused2: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

11. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I dont have a fly rod, but wouldent an ultralight with a small bobber for weight work?

12. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    pm me ifn you can get me some to sell. id buy some for o say a buck a piece and id take 5 of them. just pm me ifn youd want to sell some to me. and ill pm you my address!

13. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    ya that would work u just have to move it like an inch or two to get the effect

14. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    well since its my grampas product i dont know what he'd say id have to ask him

15. few

few New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    sounds like a winner