My Biggest fish and New PB

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Mar 22, 2007.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I started out today just to over some spots and have some fun fishing myself. I dont get alot of time on trips to fish most just putting people on fish and showing what little I do know. I had a hard time with the bait right off tide was out and after an hour had 4 shad. Need some for Tawn and Nathan at 9 so i set up on a spot that I had pass over for some time. Never really market anything to big in there this year. As I pas over it I saw what looked to be some big fish down there. I got the second rod out and before I can put it in the holder it loaded up hard and it took 10 min before I ever got to see the fish. I have saw lots of big fish and when tis one popped up why on a day when i'm be myself but then thats the way is goes.
    Anyway I tryed to net him 5 or 6 time rod in one hand net in the other boat moving all over the place plus my dog goes nuts after the fish. It was a show to see but their was a bass fishermen just off from me and saw what was going on. He pulled over and offered to help out in all after 20 mins we netted the fish 61lbs 49" long with a 30" grith. I ask the guy if he would take some pictures for me with the fish and as he was taking them the first rod loaded up and it was a 40 lb blue two fish inside of 30 mins at a 101 lbs good start to any tournament. I did catch to more today a 35, 12 got windy so I pulled it up and headed home.
    I don't know the bass guys name by did get him a call If he checks out this post all I can say it thank you. Man a bass guys helping and a catfish guy thing are looking up away here.

Attached Files:

2. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Tim outstanding day yet again. When you told us about the 61lb fish we had a talk on the boat and decided that anythin over 50-55lbs we were going to be calling DNR for an official weigh-in. Our scales only go to 50lbs and we don't really trust them a whole lot. A fish like that would have made me jump in the water to wrestle it.

I can't say thanks enough for your help. We're going to figure out catching shad here soon. Congrats on your new personal best and another good day of fishing. I'll post our meager results down in the thread Tawn started.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    GOOD GRIEF!!!!! Nice work there, Tim. Congratulations.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Nathan I see a lot of bigger fish on the guide service and alway say the people who I have out was like kids in a candy shop. Where today the shoe was on the over foot when that fish popped up it was hard to keep my cool and handle it. I'm just so happy someone was around to help out or we may still be down there trying to net him. We need new scale I say last year i looked to see more 50 and 60lbs cats showing up now I have 2 in 8 days. Boy thing are looking up for the 31st weigh inmaybe we can set a new record?

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a new PB!!! Thats a nice one!

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    way to go on your PB

wish i could get some luck like that lol

7. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Now thats what i call a good day. no work and big fish..:big_smile:

8. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I really think this year is going to be outstanding. With the amount of 30+ and 40+lb fish that we were catching last year, this year they should have gained some good weight, I'm guessing 5-8lbs. So good chance the records will start to topple here soon. It will just be a matter of making sure we're doing the photo and release of the big fish. The river and ecology is setup for these bruisers to get to real good sizes.

I need to start working on the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to get blues introduced into the Columbia and Snake Rivers. I'll be retiring in 7-17 more years which would give those cats plenty of time to get to good size. I plan on moving back to Eastern Oregon, the addiction I have with blue cats has to go with me. So I am going to have to start researching what I need to do to get it to happen. The Columbia and Snake are prime rivers for these fish. Big, lots of current and structure, plenty of baitfish, and many places to spawn. I'm going to have to start working.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Can I move in with you Tim, and just fish all the time..:big_smile: Nice Fish man.

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congrats Tim! Sounds like you earned it.

11. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Tim,

Way to go! Nothing like starting the season off with a giant.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Tim could you use a good net man?????:tounge_out: IM impressed brother congrats on you PB.

13. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    good job bro...i can see the state record falling by the end of the year.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on your new pb keep up the good work!!

15. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Thanks Steve, but all the same I would prefer to ask Tim myself. How about it Tim do you need a good netman? lol:eek:oooh: :big_smile: :lol:

No kidding Tim, nice fish brother!

16. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats on your new PB Tim - reel nice fish!!

17. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    thanks all when the record was 53 lb here I have 5 fish over 2 years in the 50's and my biggest was 52.6. Then Josh hooked the new record an 65.8 and soon after we started to see some upper 50's popping up in the river 55, 59 and toay my 61. As I said this fish had a lot of room in his belly and with the shad and herring run just around the bend here. If someone would catch Him again into weeks or so it just may tipe the scale over the 66lb mark. He was only out of the water maybe 10 mins tops so he is out there. That would be a killer catch for the tournament next weekend an with the big fish jackpot looking to be over 400.00 man would that be a great fish.

18. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Way to go Tim thanks for the pic. and Congrats

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Congratulations Tim, Great Fish!!!

20. dankitch

dankitch New Member