My Biggest Carp (back in the 80's)

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Sentry Dog Man, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Hi Guys,

I told you in a previous post about the 32 lb carp I caught out of a farm pond. Well, here is the old pic, to prove it. I caught him in the mid 80's. There were huge carp in this small pond. The shadow from the photographer (my wife) blocks out a bit of the length of the fish. But, if you look close you may be able to see the tail.

I think this was one of the grass eating carp or whatever name they have.

Attached Files:

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I'm no expert,but it looks like a common carp.Nice catch,those boys can give your gear a real workout.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Man you looked young! LOL

Nice fish, common carp, not Coi in my opinion.

Must have been a blast to catch.

4. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
  5. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN

The pic is between 20 and 25 yrs old, so Hey, yeah I did look young or should I say younger? Good grief, you must be trying to infer that I look old now :mad: or should you say older but more handsome and distinguished :grin-big:

As for the carp, one of my local friends told me that it was one of the Israeli grass eating carp. As for being a blast to catch, well, it was good to get a fish that size but he really did not fight much at all.

6. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Very nice fish i have never caught one that big but i agree with the not much fight i have caught some around 20lbs and they never fought as good as say 2 threw 10 Lbs the smaller ones just seemed to fight harder.