My bait tank system

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    ok I don't know if this artical belongs here but here i go
    Ok some of you know i was developing a filter system for a bait tank convresion, I got a 5 day cooler 50 qt size with a split lid to start and a livewell pump, If you look on the side of the tank you will see a large tube with a clean out plug on the top, This is for putting limeston and activate charcoal in a nylonsock, to help remove the nasty stuff in the water, such as amnonia, in the inside of the tank is a filter to remove all the scales and slime which comes with shad, the 5 day cooler with a split lid helps to keep the water cold in warm weather, also using a cap at the end of the feed tube so the filter can be removed and clean. Over the weekend i used the baittank system and it works even better than i thought it would i had no shad loss. the split lid comes in handy allowing to access the shad with out opening the whole cooler, good luck I will be posting a full parts list later.

Attached Files:

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Very Nice, I like!!

:big_smile:

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Very nice set up!

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Another nice article for our library. Looks good. Thanks Jeff for sharing a great idea with us.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    nice set up .........

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I've wasted more $ on bait, than Carter has liver pills, as Mom says.

I bought some 'baby' shad vacuum packed at WW a couple of weeks ago. Got one good hit on them, right into/under a rock pile yesterday. Had to cut my braided line.......:sad2: ........hope I do better on a good day to fish.....LOL.

Great idea and thanks for sharing it with us.

Take care
    Cheryl

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jeff - Nice looking set-up! I'm always on the lookout for a better bait keeping system and yours looks impressive! Thanks for posting!

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Cheryl, that's one reason I always use a leader with my braided line. If you've got, say 50# braided, and a 30# leader, if you get hung up, your leader is what's going to break instead of your expensive superline.

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Here, here, here and here are my "bait tanks" LOL If I gotta clean them one more time this week they will be bait tanks! LMAO :embarassed: :lol: :eek:oooh:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Jeff, that looks cool! Thanks for sharing your ideas with the rest of us, bro :smile2:.