My axe and I:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Aug 28, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, here it is. A video of me playing guitar. :crazy: Keep in mind that I haven't practiced in months. This one happens to be a Black Sabbath tune, shortened and abridged. All I have is a digital camera, so forgive the quality...and any notes that I may have missed. :embarassed: I will post more at a later date. It took FOREVER to upload this to youtube.

Enjoy.:wink:
    [youtubevid]t5V40YUqdXo[/youtubevid]

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    sorry dude i dont have speakers on my pc... but, you look like you sound awesome. my imagination is singing along to some random ozzie screams!

rock on!

3. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I always thought that if you plugged a Gibson into a Fender amp that a hole in the space-time-continuum would be torn!? Isn't that like dropping a Ford 351W into a Camaro?

J/k, Sounds good, man...Tony Iomi would be proud.

4. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    LMAO! It's more like dropping a Chevy 350 into a '32 Ford Roadster. Unique, yet still very cool! LOL! Can't afford a Marshall. :confused2: Also, the Guitar is an Epiphone. It does say Gibson on the back of the neck. At one time, I had a '62 SG Reissue, but I sold it. :crazy: The Epiphone is virtually identical except for the keys. Solid mohogony, same pickups, same fixed neck (although not bound). Still a great instrument. It was still in tune after months of being stashed in my closet in a gig bag. Had to D-tune for the Sabbath though.

Glad you enjoyed. Still a bit rough around the edges, but I plan to practice up this fall and winter while nobody is home. :tounge_out:

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Rock on Matt. Just dont try to play Sabbath backwards.:wink:
    Thanks for the video.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Matt, way to jam sounded good on my end.
    Seems the BOC has a lot of talent. Maybe everyone should bring there stuff to the International Gathering and you could have a jam session. I'm good at watching.:big_smile:

7. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    And I can listen like no bodies buisness :big_smile:

Nice work Matt sounds good :cool2:

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I can pass the plate for ya Kat.

9. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    great job bro!!!!!!!!! that woke me up this morning! im glad you got it recorded
    and put up!!! rock on!!!!!!!!!! :cool2:

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Sounded ok to me, Looks like a good setup.

Personally I use a Fender Telecaster and a Peavy amp..

Rock-on dude..

11. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Good stuff dude, may there be many more to come.

12. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Now that you're done jammin'
    Pick up your skate board before someone breaks thier dang neck
    :angry:

(Sorry, It's the father in me)
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

14. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sounded great to me man! i wish i could play guitar:sad2:.
    i can remember lyrics but can't play any instruments or sing worth a hoot either. i am musically untalented , but i can listen and clap real good:wink:

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Thanx for the compliments. I will post another jam early next week sometime. Thinking about some blues. I have something in mind, but am open to suggestions...if I know them, or can learn them in a few minutes, and do the best I can.:wink:That was the first time I've vidoed myself playing. It is kinda cool, because it's easier to pick out things I need to work on. Better than listening to a recording imo. Especially timing issues.

16. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now that's funny.
    Matt gets upset when Coltan rides that thing in the house. What did he expect to happen when he bought it for him, not ride in the house and actually put it away. :smile2:

17. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I had many of skateboards growing up. I was a "Thrasher" before thrashing was even cool. Got made fun of heavily for it. Built huge ramps from scrap lumber (plead the 5th on where it all came from) in the name of the skateboard gods. Never did I have the desire to ride one in the house. Nor do I have the desire to listen to someone else ride one in the house.:wink: We have skateboars strewn from one end of the house to the other. All shapes and sizes. From regular sized ones to the nearly microscopic ones...the little ones hurt the most when stepped on. ROTFLMAO!

18. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Here's another vid of my axe, and I. Can't have blues without the rhythm. This is Stormy Monday (as tought to me many years ago). I can't promise that the progression is correct. It has been literally years since I've attempted to play it. I have listened to different recordings of it lately, and the rhythm gets burried in thick layers of solos. This is how we used to play it though, and correct or not, I still think it sounds cool. Thought I'd lighten it up for the elder generation.:tounge_out:

[youtubevid]ChYJRzHaI5o[/youtubevid]

19. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Could you do a hendrix melody?

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Elders. They are somebody in church who takes your money. Show me what you got and then I'll give you my money.