My America

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Jun 29, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had a feeling to write this today,not sure how it willturn out ,but thanks for reading.

I remember the 4th of july since I was a child,Easy to do because I was born on the 3rd. In my youth we played outside in the summer ,even in the winter.

There seems to be a huge unrest in this country these days ,political folks deciding what they want for our future ,Not what is best for her.
    I just can't figure it all out sometimes,we fight among each other to get what WE want ,and to heck with the other guy. My best memories of the fourth of July were in the summer of 1976,why? That was a very special time for America,it was the 200th birthday ,So we were very patriotic ,not just for that day ,but for a very long time after. Nowdays with the vast differences here in America I cant feel that patriotic this fourth,I am very grateful to those who have served in our armed forces,But I look to the future and I'm scared. Scared that the government will be running this country into the ground and removing the very core of what this nation really means to us. So let's all enjoy our God Given rights while we still have them,This may be the last real celebration we have .

2. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Amen Brother! Reps to you

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My feelings exactly 223Reload!! That was well said. Keep the head up and be proud your a real red-blooded AMERICAN!!:wink:

4. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    For sure Richard. To hell in a handbasket. Greedy Politicians hungry for more power and money than they already have are wrecking this country. 100 yrs ago it was slowly but surely, but now its coming quick. I truly believe my generation will all live to see Armageddon. :sad2:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great post Richard! Reps to you brother:wink:

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    I Dont know what it looks like in everybody else state but around here in missouri <sadstone/Gladstone> doesnt look like the 4th is near to me, i am a lot younger than most of u guys, im in my mid 20's but i reamber when i was a kid Flags flying Fireworks going off before the 4th people having a good time family getting together, cities putting up american pride up and down the streets just dont see that going on in 2009 :sad2: i know my family isnt doing anything our family has lost our gathering sprit ,but my gf's family is having thier white trash bash which i will be at, doing wut i do best making a A** outta myself :wink: but if u cant have fun and be proud to be a american wuts the point, I Read the post and sat here and thought about things along with wut Keith was saying too, What Will the 4th mean to My kids when i have a rugrat one day, just another day? What i grew up learning and being taught is no longer what america is and its sad, and depressing. Need some rednecks in office.:big_smile: Thats All i gotta say.
    Thanks for the post Richard... HEY WHICH ONE OF YOU WORKS with my brother down at murphy tractor btw lol

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont realy dislike my time here but your rite rich the times they are a changing.i aint worried bout me i got this sickness eating at my lungs so i dont know if ill be here a day or 10 years.my son hes wraped up in his household and to heck with the world but the one i worry bout most is my grandson thats still in the basket.5 more months and hes coming into this world and god willing he will live a long time.i fear for him cause if things keep going as fast as they are he want have a shot at life like i did.so i worry for the young kids

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well said Richard. I agree with you.
    Not going to bother me, for I'm too old but I worry for my grandchildren.

9. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Well said Richard.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well said Richard. I agree with you. I to worry for the generations that will follow. What do they have to look forward to? Taxes and other fees. Reps.

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes, Richard, you are right on target.

Now, I find myself saying "I'm proud to be American...or at least I'm proud of what America used to be, or, at least what our founding fathers intended this nation to be, or..."

12. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Reps to ya reload. I couldn't have said it better myself.

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Yep, I agree, its coming fast and non-stop. In 2-3 years we might not recognize the country. Its amazing how all the pieces to the puzzle were put in place right in front of our eyes and no one seemed to see it. Here we are and don't seem to be able to do anything about it. I'm worried for my kids too.

14. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I love my country but like what everybody is saying its disapearing I heared one day on the news some guy yelled socializm and I thought crazy but I looked it up gentlemen its here goverment owned banks industries health care taxes on everything going up if this keep up how will we buy food pay are electric the goverment would have to ration out food and water.the goverment will tell you where to live where to work...what to think sound familiar?:angry:

15. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I reckon we are doing a fine as can be. There will be flags and fireworks (if we can dodge the cops) at my place. :big_smile:

Smells like sour grapes in here to me.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Richard, I remember that year very well, 1976. My grandma ran her own private kindergarten for 30 years, and each year there was a special program performed on the lawn of the building. Was a great one.

I had just "graduated" eighth grade. I remember an assignment in history class, we had to write a speech.....political.....proclaiming the attributes of the candidate for president you thought should win.

I'm really sorry you don't feel patriotic this year buddy :sad2:. There will be NO ONE AND NOTHING that will take away my patriotism.

God bless the USA. This is OUR country. :cool2:

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Reps to you Richard, ya alot deeper than a concrete truck.:eek:oooh: Gald to call ya friend, Brother. thank you, fish

18. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Okay, to add some sugar to those sour grapes...

This wouldn't be the first time in my lifetime that things looked quite bleak. From Woodstock to Vietnam, Watts riots to Kent State, nuclear proliferation to almost weekly airplane hijackings...

Fly the flag and celebrate freedom (at least while it lasts...)! :wink:

19. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    Right on Richard! That's how I feel too bro!

20. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Great Post .223! Pass the ammunition. :wink: