My all time best

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by sltrnsam, Jun 10, 2006.

1. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    well from last saturday till today i have put 30 channel cat and 16 flathead in the boat, with the biggest flathead weighing in at 34 pounds and the biggest channel was 9 pounds. what really surpized me was all fish where caught on fresh cut shad. most all of these fish where caught during the day except the big flathead he was caught at 7:30 pm, by the way all fish caught where release. days fished where saturday, monday, wednesday and today. i would post some pics but cant seam to figure out how to resize my pics.

clayton huff

2. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sound like some great fishing. You should be on the water now. :smile2: I am sure someone will be more than happy to help with your pics.

3. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    nice job on the cats and were you fishing any where in the dallas county area.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some nice cats for sure, congrats.

5. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Clayton,

That rocks! What were those GPS coordinates again? Har t Har.

Also, were you drifting anywhere? I've often wondered if I could luck out and get a flathead drifting.

I went out for just a couple of hours the last two evenings. The fishing was a little slow but when they found the bait, it was a slamfest. The best bite last night was on cut sides. The night before, the best bites were on small shad cut in half and both chunks on the hook. Today, it looks pretty ugly out there but I might go just because I know the boat traffic wont' be as bad!

Mike.

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    WOW! Those are some pretty large fish! Sounds like ya'll had a blast! I like to hear good things! :)

7. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i was fishing the cedar river in linn county along rock banks.

8. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Nice catches! Congradulations! I wish MY luck would change around HERE! Went out to a tributary leading into the Sacramento river last night and got an 8" squawfish and a 6" crappie! Better than nuthin' I guess, but I'm dying to hook into a big ol' cat! Only caught one this year so far, and he was only 3 and a half pounds! :angry:

9. jamin22786

jamin22786 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This just makes me want a boat:confused2:

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on your personal best.

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats on a great fishing trip

12. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sam, Congrats on the personal best fish. Those sounds likes some nice ones. If you need help posting pic, give me a holler and I can walk ya through it. I'd love to see the cats.. Way to go!!! Stan