My adjustable boat seat "z-bars"

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by dinkbuster1, Apr 10, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    was out in the garage earlier installing rod holders, and while sitting in the front seat i realized how cramped the leg room is when sitting sideways in the boat (now i see why you want to take your boat Mellon!). the back seat isnt much better either, so i decided that tomorrow im going to rob my small jon boat of the "things" i made for it at my last job. thought id post pics in case anyone want to make some, provided they work at a shop or have the necessary equipment. ...............first of all the "z-bars" (named after a part at work) are made from 1/8 inch stainless steel (imagine you can use galvanized), bent on a press brake at 1-1/2 inch (?), then again at a 3/16 inch brake (or 1/4, cant remember). and there was about 1-1/2 left. i punched out the holes on an "iron-worker" for the lag screws to attach to bunk, and welded a peice of 2-1/2 x 1/8 inch steel onto the seat swivel to slide under the "z-bars" (pic without boat seat). i cannot remember the exact measurements of everything, just use pics for a reference. these "z-bars" are VERY sturdy and i dont think will ever bend or break! the parts have a tight fit but not tight enough to where i cant slide the seat. once installed on the boat you can slide your seat as far over as you want.

Attached Files:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go McGuyver! ;)
    That should work out real well.

3. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    great idea!!!!!!!!!!!