My 57lb replica.

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by USE TO BE, Jul 25, 2008.

1. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here are a couple of pics of the replica I had made of the 57lb Flathead I caught a couple of months ago. The dimensions are almost spot on. I'm happy with it. American Fish Taxidermy in TN did the work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey David, very nice replica you have there. Nice to know that alot of us catch and release beauties like this back where they should be. :wink:
    Do you mind sharing with us how much it cost to do something like that????

3. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    $12.50 per inch. He was right around 48". It was quite expensive by my standards. It kind of ended up being a birthday and fathers day thing rolled into one. My wife actually wanted me to get the mount more than I, so I didn't complain.

I told the taxidermist to make it look happy.:smile2:

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats a nice replica!:wink:

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Nice replica David. Thanks for the photos. Very nice fish!
    I did notice it looks like you may have it in the garage though. Get that baby hung in the living room...:wink:

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Very nice:cool2:

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    First I ever seen... neato:wink:

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Boy David that is a good looking fish. The only problem I see is that it isnt in the front room:smile2:. I would have that with the deer heads and the turkey that I have in my front room. You will enjoy that for years to come.

Tom

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    First for me too, Bill. Very cool, though quite expensive. Kudos for the release of the actual fish.
    BB in SC

10. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Tom,
    I used to be the envy of all my friends. I had a "man room". It was filled wth all sorts of dead stuff. Tacky furniture that no woman would ever permit in the house. You name anything a redneck could want and it was in there. Two kids later and I've graduated to a "man closet". I have to go in there and reminesce about the good old days. Please no jokes about comin out of my closet ,the experience was immasculating as it was. So I would consider his garage a worthy place of honor.

Richard

11. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    That's pretty cool. Now if it was me I'd go get a mount of the biggest bluegill I could catch and have it mounted right above his mouth.:tounge_out:

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good looking fish........thanks for the cpr....... for the future!!!!!!:smile2:

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Great looking mount of the catfish. Happy to see that the Ol' Big Boy was released to fight again someday! Yes. The mounts are quite expensive, but you'll have something to be proud of for a lifetime!! Great job!! Thanks for the pics..:wink:

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I agree with Catfishcentral, that would look awesome, I see they have gone up in price When I was thinking of having a replica made of my 60lb blue it was $10 per inch. I guess I better start saving my pennies I dont know if I will ever catch a fish that big again :smile2: Very nice Catch, and a very well done replica, you should be very proud of it. Congratulations to you. Mac

15. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had that exact same thought. The gill I caught it on was only 5"- 6", so I would probably get one that size.

Don't worry guys, it is going to the living room after tomorrow. My daughter turns 4 tomorrow and she wanted it in the garage where we are having her party.

It actually looks better mounted a foot or so below eye level. If I hang it up high, all you can see is that fat belly.

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice fish. Looks like a real good job.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    $12.50 is on the relitive high side but the paint job sells its self. he did great on the lifelikeness of that fish. cool.:cool2:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ME TOO. actually my shop is my living room.:smile2:

19. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Looks great. They did a awesome job.

20. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Looks Great! They did a nice job. Worth the $. Its nice to have it in 3D. You have to get the bluegill because he looks to happy to not be eatin somethin.:smile2: